Share post
member profile picture

I have a couple accounts in collections that I want to settle. Do I contact the collection agency or the original creditor to settle these debts?

Contact the collection agency for settling your debts. Send a DV letter first. Have you checked the SOL period?

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 04/10/2017 - 22:29

ditchdebt ditchdebt

(Posts: 679 | Credits: )

Once your debt is sold to the collection agency, the original creditor has no hold over the debt. You have to deal with the debt collector directly. Or, you can get the help of a financial expert to clear your dues and deal with the debt collector at the same time.

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 04/11/2017 - 04:05

Phil Bradford Phil Bradford

(Posts: 166 | Credits: )

Are you getting collection calls? Also, you didn't mention the SOL period of your due accounts. If the accounts are within SOL period, then settle your debts through a good debt settlement company.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 04/11/2017 - 05:42

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1234 | Credits: )

You can choose to settle on your own, too. Doing so, you'll save the money that you otherwise need to pay for the professional help. However, a settlement company has better negotiation skills. So, consider all these aspects and decide which is the best suitable option for you.

Sub: #4 posted on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 04:45

Good Nelly Good Nelly
Industry Expert
(Posts: 2825 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 1.106 seconds.