Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Debt Consolidation and Debt Settlement forums

Where can I complain against a consolidation and settlement company?

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

Can I complain against a consolidation and settlement company if they're not providing services? I have make payments for 3 months but feel nothing has been done from their part. Where can I complain?

Hi Vennista,
First of all, you should choose a reliable company to work with. Next time, if you require any help, read customer reviews, BBB reviews and then choose a company who's into business for at least 3-4 years.
Now, what you want to know, write a letter to your settlement company with a return receipt request. Explain why you're not happy with the services provided and if you wish, ask for a refund.
Next, you can file a complaint with your local Better Business Bureau and State Attorney General's office.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 07/02/2020 - 02:03

Good Nelly Good Nelly
Industry Expert
(Posts: 2825 | Credits: )

I think they are not a reliable company. ASk for the refund. If they don't pay you back, then make complaint with your state's attornet general.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 07/03/2020 - 05:01

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1239 | Credits: )

Hey Vennista! That's why I suggest everyone to opt for a genuine and reliable debt consolidation and settlement company. Before you choose one, you should check with your State Attorney General's office whether or not the company is licensed to work in your state.
You can file a complaint against a consolidation and settlement company to your State Attorney General's office, your local Better Business Bureau office, the Federal Trade Commission. Hopefully, it will be resolved.

Sub: #3 posted on Sun, 07/12/2020 - 21:22

Craigh.terry Craigh.terry

(Posts: 273 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.306 seconds.