Debt Settlement program
If the accounts are in collections CCCS won't be much help. Unfortunately, most collection agencies and debt buyers don't recognize them. Generally speaking, the proposed payment amounts just aren't appealing enough.
CCCS is designed for accounts that haven't charged off yet.
If you feel debt settlement is your best option and you can't settle your debts simultaneously, you may want to consider doing it yourself. However, I only recommend debt settlement if you can settle in 24 months. And ideally in 12 months or less.
My immediate concern for you is if your accounts are already in collections, you may be nearing the more dangerous time of your delinquency.
Feel free to read - How Debt Settlement Works
This page explains the typical collection cycle. It will help you identify where you stand.
Please feel free to reply with the following information and I'll do my best to steer you in the right direction.
- What state are you in?
- When was the last time you made any payments on the delinquent accounts? (if it ranges please itemize)
- How much do you owe on your delinquent accounts?
- How many accounts are there?
- How many of the accounts are less than $1,000?
- How quickly can you raise 40 - 50% of what you owe?
- What's your employment situation?
- Do you own your home?