Share post
member profile picture

So I was served papers for a CC debt from a few yrs ago. I honestly forgot to go to the court appearances 2x's to "Prove up". Anyway made it the 3rd time. I was called to up to the Judge. He says your being sued from midland funding for 1900. I say, OK and ?????
He was very nice but I am like so what do you want ? (not in those words) He asks me do you have an answer ? I was like a answer to what ? What am I supposed to say ? So then the bailiff ran up with a paper saying Judge he needs to fill out an answer and turn it in. I read it am like WTH does this mean. He said go fill it out and answer it. They are suing you for 1900. Go answer it and we (the court I assume) can get that lowered.

So my question is I go back in Jan for another hearing. What is going to happen ? Any insight of what I am to do ?

Unless you have a defense, midland will get their judgement. And do not expect a lower amount.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 12/12/2013 - 19:21

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17319 | Credits: )

If Midland Funding get a judgment against you, then they can garnish your wages or place a lien on your property. So it would be better for you to try to settle with them outside the court.

Sub: #2 posted on Sun, 12/15/2013 - 22:35


in texas they can't garnish,or put a lien on anything.they can levy their bank read the entire thread next time will you!

Sub: #3 posted on Mon, 12/16/2013 - 10:25

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 1.196 seconds.