Skip to main content
index page

Warning Call that I am being served?

Submitted by on Fri, 04/29/2011 - 07:22
Credits:
[Donate]

I recently received a phone call with the caller id of ALTON, NC with a number of 704-764-1308 from a Peyton explaining that she had just received a fax on her desk for a case against my name? And that she would be serving me papers? I told her I couldn't take calls at work and gave my cell phone number, she wanted to verify my address so she could serve me papers.

I then got a call on my cell phone, she left a message telling me that I needed to call 888-291-5232 case#110916 & to rectify the situation to avoid having her serve me. I called the number she listed, said it was Neil & Anderson Associates?

I received another call on my cell phone today saying that she was unable to make it to my address yesterday & to expect her within the next 2 hours. Is this legal? I live in the state of NC if this makes any difference..

I recently moved from the address she said on my voice mail, but I am really concerned about this...I have taken out pay day loans before and have filed my complaints with the NCAG about harassment, but I am really scared that they will show up at my place of employment...does anyone have any information on this??

Submitted by on Fri, 04/29/2011 - 07:32

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

nobody calls before serving you.it's a scare tacic.they wouldn't call you twice either.it doesn't matter if it's a pdl or not it's a bottomfeeder.file a police report for the call at work,and on your cell.i hope you saved the message on your cell.then ignore,or hang up on this person as again not only would they not call to inform you you are being served,but they wouldn't call multiple times either.file the report and ignore them.btw nothing but other complaints regarding this so it's a scam.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 04/29/2011 - 08:40

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

They have called me every other day. I had read several comments about this tactic and was fully convinced that this is a scam but once it happened I kind of freaked. It really bothered me that it came from a NC number, when PDL's and stuff are illegal in NC. :-/

Submitted by on Wed, 05/04/2011 - 08:07

Just got another message on my work phone saying that they're trying to verify the address and if they can't, they'll serve me at work and needed to call this 888-291-5232# to "rectify the situation" and if I don't call them back, they will be serving me and said "Good luck" at the end of the message. What in the world are these people thinking?!

Submitted by on Wed, 05/04/2011 - 08:43

Well, this # called back & described my old house perfectly & that no one was there (i had moved)...so I finally called the toll free 888 #, turns out it's JHS Marketing, the guy said that he's a "mediator" and that I owe $630 from 2010 and asked me a series of questions to "propose" to JHS Marketing, and said that they are under the impression that I was trying to defraud them. From my understanding, JHS marketing is ran by an overseas company & completely illegal, especially in the state of NC. What bothers me is that that woman came to my old house. I told the "mediator" that I'd have to call him back (I was on a break at lunch). Any ideas how to get these scum bags to leave me alone? As in, if I don't have addresses or names, how can I file a police report or file a complaint with the FTC or NCAG?

Submitted by on Fri, 05/06/2011 - 06:14

I posted up a response but I guess it didn't get on here..

The # called back & had said that she had gone to my old house to serve me & described my house perfectly. So I had finally called the 888# that she left on my VM & it turns out it's JHS Marketing. The guy I talked to said he was the "mediator" between the PDL company & some law office, that I owed $610 from 2010 & told me that JHS Marketing & under the assumption that I was committing fraudulent activity.

From what I understand, JHS Marketing is a PDL company ran overseas & completely illegal..esp in the state of NC. How can I file a police report/complaint with the NCAG with just a number & no address? Any help would be appreciated..

Submitted by on Fri, 05/06/2011 - 08:37

I have an out of state number and they called me...multiple times about every other day...well they were giving me address in another state...where my number is out of...well I demanded to know who they were representing and I was told the paperwork was sealed!

Submitted by on Thu, 05/12/2011 - 11:18

The same thing happend to me. "Frank" has called me twice, threatening to serve me with papers. Honestly I have no idea what it could be for. Possibly a pay day loan from years ago? Anyway- the first time he called, I called back like an idiot and he warned me that I would be served any day. A while passed and then he called again and left a voice mail stating that he would be going to my residence and/or my place of business that day to get my signature on the papers, unless I wanted to call 888-280-0099 to "place a stop on the order". I was a bit worried at first, but am sure this is just a scare tactic. I did some research and found out that "Frank's" real name is Michael Kaufman. Found nothing on the toll free number though. Any suggestions on what to do?

Submitted by on Fri, 05/20/2011 - 11:51

No real process server would make a threatening call before they visit. The way to deal with these bullies is to call their bluff. Tell them you've heard that one before, and if you don't get served within 72 hours, you will assume they are full of it.

Submitted by on Sun, 05/22/2011 - 03:44