Share post
member profile picture
Credits: 0
[Donate]

I am looking forward to collecting and using coupons any good tricks I should know to get started. Going to begin researching. Hope this is worth it. I love to hear the stories of people saving money for a little bit of time and effort put into clipping.

Mycoupons.com is great. Just google and you will find tons of places.

Sub: #1 posted on Sat, 05/22/2010 - 05:18

SOAPLADY SOAPLADY
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17272 | Credits: )

Is there a place that you can sell coupons you don't use besides Ebay. If not there should be. there are plenty of coupons that I don't use I am sure someone else could.

Sub: #2 posted on Sun, 05/23/2010 - 13:00

DorenC DorenC

(Posts: 156 | Credits: )

Went to the local gas station yesterday they had coupons $1.00 off tropicana 12 oz oj. Grabbed a handful and took them to the grocery store as I was going grocery shopping anyways. Looked to see how much they were. They were on sale 10/$10. Woo Hoo. Got 16 ojs for free.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 04:34

DorenC DorenC

I used to have a coupon club with a group of friends. We would cut out every coupon we saw and, once per week, we'd get together and exchange them. For example, I'm not a coffee drinker but I would cut out coffee coupons and give them to my coffee drinking friends. My petless friends would give me all of their dogfood coupons.

Sub: #4 posted on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 05:28

OhioGal1 OhioGal1
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 5253 | Credits: )

Google "Hot Coupon World" and you'll come up with a great site for all about coupons. Other tips:

Sign up for store rewards cards. CVS is my favorite b/c they have an "Extra Care Card" and every week if you buy certain things you earn "Extra Care Bucks" that are good on your next purchase. I generally spend $20 at the beginning of the year and then use those ECB and coupons to pay for future purchases. Walgreens has a similar program called Register Rewards which is better than CVS b/c CVS usually limits items, however at Walgreens, you cannot use a coupon and a Register Reward on the same item (you need two items) and Register Rewards expire within two weeks, while ECB give you a month. So I generally prefer CVS.

Also, if you are not a member already- sign up for MyPoints and Swagbucks. Mypoints sends you emails you "click" on to earn points and eventually you earn enough for giftcards. I've been a member for a year and have earned 3 gift cards. SwagBucks is the same thing, but it's for using their search engine.

Those tips should get you started. I've saved a ridiculous amount of money by couponing over the last two years. I've been tracking for 2010. I've spent $1308.45 and saved $4434.07 so far. That includes all food, toiletries, AND baby items (diapers and formula, too). So it's very very possible to save a lot of money.

Sub: #5 posted on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 06:20

regbyandjulie regbyandjulie

(Posts: 144 | Credits: )

Signed up for rewards from our local grocery store. Already getting free products. Using coupons and saving tons. This is great. I did the mypoints but need to check back into the swagbucks. Thank you so much for your help.

Sub: #6 posted on Wed, 06/02/2010 - 07:27

DorenC DorenC

Went to the grocery store and they had Cereal 4/10 but if you but 4 you got them 4/6. I had a coupon for $1.50 off of 3 boxes. I ended up paying just over $1 per box. and milk was 1.88 a gallon. I love shopping from a flyer with coupons and a grocery list. It is great.

Sub: #7 posted on Thu, 06/03/2010 - 19:26

DorenC DorenC

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.977 seconds.