Skip to main content
index page

Coupon tricks

Submitted by DorenC on Sat, 05/22/2010 - 05:03
Credits:
[Donate]

I am looking forward to collecting and using coupons any good tricks I should know to get started. Going to begin researching. Hope this is worth it. I love to hear the stories of people saving money for a little bit of time and effort put into clipping.

I used to have a coupon club with a group of friends. We would cut out every coupon we saw and, once per week, we'd get together and exchange them. For example, I'm not a coffee drinker but I would cut out coffee coupons and give them to my coffee drinking friends. My petless friends would give me all of their dogfood coupons.

Submitted by OhioGal1 on Tue, 05/25/2010 - 05:28

OhioGal1

( Posts: 5253 | Credits: )

Google "Hot Coupon World" and you'll come up with a great site for all about coupons. Other tips:

Sign up for store rewards cards. CVS is my favorite b/c they have an "Extra Care Card" and every week if you buy certain things you earn "Extra Care Bucks" that are good on your next purchase. I generally spend $20 at the beginning of the year and then use those ECB and coupons to pay for future purchases. Walgreens has a similar program called Register Rewards which is better than CVS b/c CVS usually limits items, however at Walgreens, you cannot use a coupon and a Register Reward on the same item (you need two items) and Register Rewards expire within two weeks, while ECB give you a month. So I generally prefer CVS.

Also, if you are not a member already- sign up for MyPoints and Swagbucks. Mypoints sends you emails you "click" on to earn points and eventually you earn enough for giftcards. I've been a member for a year and have earned 3 gift cards. SwagBucks is the same thing, but it's for using their search engine.

Those tips should get you started. I've saved a ridiculous amount of money by couponing over the last two years. I've been tracking for 2010. I've spent $1308.45 and saved $4434.07 so far. That includes all food, toiletries, AND baby items (diapers and formula, too). So it's very very possible to save a lot of money.

Submitted by regbyandjulie on Fri, 05/28/2010 - 06:20

regbyandjulie

( Posts: 144 | Credits: )