Skip to main content
index page

Takhar Group

Submitted by on Tue, 08/31/2010 - 11:48
Credits:
[Donate]

I have begun to get regular calls from this Takhar Group. They do not give any information about why they are calling they just state that they need me to return their call immediately that it is urgent that they get in contact with me. I used to have a Columbia house DVD account but it has been closed for some time, nearly a year. Recently, I started receiving the Columbia House mailouts at my new residential address but they have not shipped me any DVD's and I do not owe them any monies whatsoever. I have ignored their calls should I just continue to do so. I have not received anything in writing from this CA group or from Columbia House stating I owe them money in any way. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

takhar collection services keeps on calling me until i put a stop to it i filed a complaint with the bbb and the closed my file they told the bbb they won't be contacting me anymore. it is because of columbia house dvd club that does stuff illegal themselfs columbia house dvd club sure have room to into a account into a collection when they was sued by the ftc back in 2005 in the distract court in il and because of the bbb unsatisifactory rating.i found a attorney and takhar group is invoilation of the fdcpa and they can be find up to $1000 they have to pay people . they called me everyday then i called them back and asked them who they are calling for they asked me what my number i told them you atta know it because you guys called and the lady ask ed me again. what my phone number was. then the lady told me when i'm ready to give them my phone number call them back in the first place they should their facts straight they call people everyday people don't call them. so when they call you everyday like they did me write the time and the date and the day they called and get yourself an attorney and appropriate legal action against takhar let them know they can't get away with this stuff by harassing people by phone yes they failed to give a writen notice within 5 days they rather harass people by phone it is so much eazier

Submitted by on Sat, 09/11/2010 - 08:32

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

do not give nothing out to these people.....do not return calls because the 800 number that says 800 service ........... could place your call to a paying call that will amount to 2 - 3 thousands of dollars and phone company will not take it off the bill.

Submitted by on Tue, 09/28/2010 - 09:24

The Takhar group are extremely aggressive and exceptionally rude. My brother gave my number to a creditor when he defaulted on a large private loan. They called up to 10 times a day and refused to tell me who they were collecting for or whose debt they were trying to collect. All they told me was that they had obtained my number from a "reputable source" and were certain that I was really my brother.
They wanted my full social security number and a copy of my photo ID to prove I was not my brother. I had to have my employer's in house attorney write them a letter with an attached copy of the lawsuit he was going to file on my behalf if they didn't stop.

That said, if you do owe a debt that is being collected by the Takhar group, you probably should talk to them. If the debt isn't time barred, they can eventually sue and get a judgement against you.

Submitted by J. Matthew Muir on Tue, 09/28/2010 - 18:53

J. Matthew Muir

( Posts: 21 | Credits: )

If you have never received a letter of collection through the mail from this collection agency don't give them any personal information over the phone and do not admit to owing any debt. They are required by federal law (FDCPA) to send you a dunning letter (letter of collection) with the mini Miranda warning included in that letter. This letter should be sent to you within 5 days after their first initial contact with you, otherwise, I wouldn't even discuss any alleged debt to a voice on the phone.

Submitted by Shazzers on Tue, 09/28/2010 - 20:28

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

same senaro with them calling for the wrong number and harassing me. I called Fedral trade commission who said that they are looking into it and would be have it investigated. i told them of the complaints i seen online, and told them they could check it out themselfs. I also called the better business burero but not luck n talking to someone so i filed a complaint online. they are very rude, demanding, and persistant and dont give a care. They calling my cell phone and leaving harassin messages. will they do anyting about this company i dont know but if you go to the BBB site and look em up you will find this company. they have a rating of F and it shows how many complaints and what they were for, it also shows how many cases have been solved. I also called the sec state of NY and they tell me that its not listed and they dont know or heard that comapany. On the Takhar group website they have no address or etc.. So, on BBB it shows that there is 3 addresss for this company. Niagara falls NY, Cambridge ON and Rochester NY. it also says about complaints 5 no response, 151 resolved 28 unresoved. BBB says they dont have clear understanding of this business, 32 serious complaints,28 were unresolved, 184 complants filed against business. They tell me they are not involved in any of the companys phone calls or transactions. they have a rating of an F becouse of the complants.
INFO FOR THIS COMPANY TAKHAR
Orginal Business start date 7-1-01
incorporated 01 in NY
Principle Hardy S Takhar president
phone numbers. 519 624 3576
800 620-0371
877 200 4113
888-246 3871
Email address [EMAIL="hsingh@takhargroup.com"]hsingh@takhargroup.com[/EMAIL]
BBB accred: Not a BBB accrediated business
Type of business Collection agency
Business Management Suhi S Takhar CFO( i think he used to be in some high office in canada, and had commited fraud. a name worth searchin on.)
address
202 Beverly street cambridge , ON N1R3
593 Blossom Road Ste. 312 Rochester Ny 14610
Business name
Takhar collection serivices LTD.
Takhar Group
TCS collection services
Business address 1623 military Road suite 537
Niagara falls NY 14304
Hope this helps. Keep filing complaints with the fedreal trade commission and BBB and file with the state of New York. Look the numbers on the net. call and complain. i guess we gonna have to keep it up until somehing is done.
Also the fedral trade commison told me that i need to write the company a letter telling them to stop. then call the federal trade commsion and tell them. Then if it continues to call Fedral trade commsion. also you can go to www.donotcall.gov and get on the do not call list. me? i doing all above, and also gonna change my number.
Good luck everyone on yalls cases. hope this info helps

Submitted by on Tue, 10/05/2010 - 11:35

Don't forget to file a complaint with your State AG's office. Especially if Takhar threatens you with collection of a debt that (a) you don't owe or (b) was debt DISCHARGED under Bankruptcy proceedings. This is the most recent scam this 'agency' has taken under their wing and it's most prevelant in Chapter 7 cases. NEVER pay anything against any debt that was discharged in a bankruptcy proceeding without an 'ok' from your attorney first. If your attorney won't help you, call your AG's office or the Trustee who administered your bankruptcy case for an explaination of your rights after discharge. Also and this is important, if Takhar contacts you during the 'stay' of creditors, that's a violation of both State and Federal protections that you have. Report them to your attorney. If you filed Pro se' ( and no one should do that ) file complaints with the Trustee and the AG's office. NO ONE CAN CONTACT YOU DURING THE STAY if you included them in the filing of creditors ( with a few exceptions on certian debts ). Takhar is very effective in convincing less-educated consumers that the discharge they got was invalid because the Creditor "sold" the debt to Takhar before your discharge was filed. Nothing can be further from the truth. It may be true that your debt was sold to Takhar before your Discharge was final, but you are under NO legal obligation to pay Takhar a penny if the original creditor was named correctly in all your B forms within the filing. Go to this site for more information on your discwhat happens after the discharge http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/RulesAndPolicies/rules/BK_Forms_09_Official/Form_18_Discharge_INSTRUCTIONS_0509.pdf

Submitted by on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 12:13

Well our office got a call from this place today. I have not returned the call. I keep reading the collect debt's for columbia house, and a craft book place. Our office has never had an account with either. So now what. And if return the call will this set off a wave of unwanted calls. I have an office to run.

Submitted by on Tue, 11/30/2010 - 11:21