Skip to main content
index page

Student Loan Consolidation vs Rehab Program

Submitted by on Mon, 10/18/2010 - 16:42
Credits:
[Donate]

I owe 29,000 for a student loan and have been talking with a DCS rep for the past couple days about a rehab plan. I also owe 7000 for a Sallie Mae loan that I just learned was in default. I have not been contacted by a CA for the Sallie Mae yet.

Im wondering in a situation like this is it better to consilidate the loans instead of enterinr rehab with DCS aand still having to deal with the Sallie Mae loan

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOAPLADY
Is the sallie mae loan also a federal loan? If it is, you will have to rehab it seperately.

Thanks, it is a federal loan as well. I have been doing some research and am considering doing an IBC loans. I have not officially been given a payback amount from DCS but they did say based off the income information I gave (how do they verify income?) them they could garnish me for $300 a month. Either way, I dont think I will be ablel to pay the amount they argree on and I surely can not afford the $300 they will take. So I am thinking the IBC loan may be the best option for me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm hoping to have a clear plan of what I need to do in the next couple days. One thing I have learned from reading your posts is I do not want to drag my feet on this (that is what got me in this situation!)

Submitted by on Mon, 10/18/2010 - 19:35

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )