Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

I got a phone call from 805-229-0901 which is listed as Paetec Comm., a phone company from a man with an american name and indian accent. He threatened arrest, fed bank charges and money laundering. however could not tell me the original pdl lender nor share any info with me. he said the lender did not feel i was intending to pay, and if i would send in $725 they would then share the documentation with me. how do i handle this

Is the lender a pdl? Do you owe money to a payday lender that you've defaulted on? There are many topics on US National bank here at the forum, they are a scam! Read the topic below. al-bank.html

Sub: #1 posted on Wed, 09/03/2008 - 08:08

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17345 | Credits: )

debt collectors cannot threated to have you arrested for not paying a bill. You should speak with an attorney licensed to practice law in your state who also has experience with fdcpa (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) cases.

Sub: #2 posted on Wed, 09/03/2008 - 08:09

jjanney jjanney

(Posts: 53 | Credits: )

Paetec is just a phone company like Verizon or AT&T. What you're dealing with is a scam. (There are plenty of threads going with a recent ABC News article about it if you want to search.) Basically, someone bought or otherwise got hold of some old junk, payday loan debt. Now a call center is India is using the information in the files to extort money from people. The phone numbers are meaningless because all they are are termination points. The call center uses VOIP (internet) technology to route calls in and out through dummy numbers in the U.S.

Because you once had at least one unpaid payday loan it makes their story seem more plausible and then, coupled with threats of arrest or worse (several people have told me they've been threatened physically.)

You owe them NOTHING. Avoid the calls as best you can and DO NOT PAY THEM ONE CENT.

Sub: #3 posted on Wed, 09/03/2008 - 08:11

FreakyFriday FreakyFriday

(Posts: 490 | Credits: )

You should still contact an attorney and report the incident to the FTC, BBB and your state's Attorney General's office.

Sub: #4 posted on Wed, 09/03/2008 - 08:14

jjanney jjanney

(Posts: 53 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.669 seconds.