Skip to main content
index page

The age old question-what is it men want?

Submitted by Shazzers on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 10:52
Credits:
[Donate]

lol

Well heck, I know I want to know!!

I know that I'm not Miss America, and God knows I'm not a "girlie girl". I am just plain ol' me, a tom boyish kinda female. I take stuff apart, I don't wait for the guy to fix stuff, if it needs fixed - and I can do it, I attempt it. I get dirty, I like fishing, hunting, and rolling on the ground with my pets. I'm not the picture perfect lady that (in my opinion) most men want!

Soooooooo, what is it you guys want, REALLY? Please be serious, please. What catches your eye? High heels, perfume, girlie girls? What is it?

actually sports,being able to do certain things like yardwork.looks me little to me at this point.the connection.am i comfortable,and uncomfortable at the same time.don't know how to explain that one,but i know it when it happens.i love animals as well.whoah!just hit me.what's going on shazz?

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 11:53

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

:lol: Well, we could go back and forth on this forever! What is it that *women* want?! :lol:

As for me, I like a combination of tomboy and lady. Someone just as comfortable in an evening dress as in torn jeans and an axe slung over her shoulder (not at Barnes & Noble though, it could get people talking...) A gleam in the eye, a unique character, something that stands out - the way she smiles, the way her eyes light up like the 4th of July. A zest for life but at the same time able to express the negative emotions. etc. etc. sense of humor, long walks on the beach, loves cats ....

All that aside, for me it's completely individual. There are many physically amazing women out there who just don't do it for me because they seem fake, plastic, all pent up. - like a museum piece to look at, oogle, and walk away. I have been often attracted to women that wouldn't be considered beautiful to most men, but again - there is some "spark", some Life, some sense that her story can never be told but I want to hear her try. Brains. Uniqueness. Yep.

But then again, I am a philosopher type. I once saw a license plate on a woman executive's car that I love very much: "I Think, Therefore I Am Single". I like them thinkin' girls...

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Fri, 06/19/2009 - 20:56

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )

LOL! I like it soaplady!! LOL

Shazzers --- just be you, 'Mr. Right' will come along in his own time. I too am not a girly girl or anything like that -- I like football, metal music, hunting & fishing and all kinds of tomboyish things. I don't like to stay in the kitchen and bake candies -- I like to be outside and I don't wear dresses LOL

My 'Mr. Right' finally showed up, it took him a while & I went through plenty of 'Mr. Wrongs' that wanted me to be somebody I'm not.

Just always be you :) If you have to change - they aren't 'Mr. Right!' And give him time --- afterall, he is still just a man - he probably got lost & won't ask for directions! LOL :lol:

Submitted by sixxgurl1982 on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 09:10

sixxgurl1982

( Posts: 69 | Credits: )

Shazz, My cousin married two years ago at the age of 36. She had been egaged twice and the second guy left her devastated, in debt and broke and broken. She is not the beauty queen type. She is very smart, tomboyish and sarcastic at times....but she is the first to help ANYONE who needs it, no matter what they need.....they guy she married...someone she has known almost her whole adult life!!! GO figure. He was there throught both breakups, she supported him through his and somewhere along the way they deciede they were supposed to be together. Just goes to show.....you never know what is right around the corner.

As for what guys want...I have been with my husband almost 20 years and my children are all boys, and I still can not figure them all out. :lol:

Submitted by RoxyNY on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 11:08

RoxyNY

( Posts: 4178 | Credits: )

Agreed sanity --- I think that is exactly right - when you least expect it... my dream man ended up being the guy that came in and cleaned the floors in my office building at night --- walked right by him w/o a second glance forever --- next thing ya know, we've been married 3 amazing years!

The only drawback -- he doesn't clean my floors! HA! :lol:

Submitted by sixxgurl1982 on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 12:21

sixxgurl1982

( Posts: 69 | Credits: )

I just like women! Period! I find it is great to hang out with guys but after a while I get tired of talking about sports and work and could use something a little more diverse. Women seem to have more varied interests than most, but not all, straight men, of which I am one! I will be married 25 years to my best friend! I have not heard from my best man in the same amount of years! But I bet he still responds with "Thats what SHE said!

Submitted by Frogpatch on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 12:44

Frogpatch

( Posts: 5381 | Credits: )

Some us very much like - uh - a full trunk and don't pay nearly as much attention to the headlights as long as they're pointed in the general direction of the road ahead. It's like how most women don't care so much about the stick shift as long as it is functional and relatively undamaged and can get one from point A to point B. But it seems that you can't convince one side or the other of that fact. Women continue to think men only think of boobs, and men continue to think women only think of pecs, 6 packs, and elephant trunks.

I get sick and tired of hearing how men are just simple jack-in-the-box that you pull on the lever and everything's ok. Men are every bit as sensitive and complicated as women, and some women are as boorish and cruel as some men. However, in our society, women are encouraged to express their emotions, men are very strongly DIScouraged. Men are not allowed to feel, despite words spoken to the contrary, or he will be mercilessly torn to shreds in the most heartless manner by some woman at some time in his life (usually in high school) which greatly strengthens the need to hide.

But it has always been the perennial question - what do men want? What do women want? What do *you* want? Even though there is a general consensus, there are individual tastes and desires, many of them largely borne during the confusing time when hormones are changing our bodies in drastic ways. So some of them may seem to be a bit shallow at first glance, but they are undeniably very comforting when met and when they are not found, then some sense of loss is felt - whether consciously or unconsciously.

Some say that we look for our opposites in the Other, to make up for our deficiencies. And when we (humans) discover that what we thought was a complimentary strength in the Other is only the same deficiency, we back away (unconsciously at first).

In other words, you'll get conflicting and personal answers to both sides, and also on both sides will be a varying degree of unspoken (or even unknown - hence unconscious) likes and dislikes that can take on hypertrophied importance later on if not addressed.

The seeds of discontent can be spotted if one is sensitive to the other and pays close attention to their reactions and responses, and they are easier to work with than trees, that's for sure. If she buys him a set of barbells, she may think he's a wimp and be hinting. Or she may have just thought it was a manly gift. Or she was in a hurry and they were right there and on sale even!

Look at what men go through. One flower or two? What color means what? And why is the color so important? Should I reach for her hand? Should I kiss her and if I do, should it be on the cheek? The forehead? Go for the lips? How many good dates have been suddenly destroyed when a man says something he believes is entirely harmless but she flies into hysterics like he just hammered her with a barrage of cruelly chosen insults?

Quote:

I don't think guys really know what they want...they tell you one thing a do another.
Same thing goes with women.

It's a *human* thing - not a man thing, not a woman thing. We are all just trying to survive and even prosper in life. I always say: What is the difference between Love & Obsession? The approval of the Other.

Everyone has a theory, but when 2 "I"s look into each other's eyes, all theories disappear and there is only We.

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Tue, 06/23/2009 - 04:00

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )