Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Student Loans and Education Debt forums

Student Loan - Performant Recovery/PHEAA

member profile picture
Posts: 2
Credits: 0

Im seeking advice on rectifying a spousal consolidation loan. My spouse was recently garnished and we recieved no notification. I've been trying to find out more information and have called the company listed PHEAA, who told me I had a zero balance and directed me to the state version - who then put me back to PHEAA. FINALLY, after days of research they have sent me information to contact Performant recovery who now has the loan and issue a garnishment (just started)

They had very old information and we have not received communication in years.

I've calle Performant but am not getting any call backs.
PHEAA has indicated that we are eligible for rehabilatation on the loan and they can assist me.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this company?
Is it possible to stop the garnishment and enter the rehabilitation agreement?

I've read different things online. That the garnishments would not be stopped unti the 10 repayment months are satisfied (which is going to be impossible if they are garnishing at the same time).

I am at a loss as to why no compan involved can help me and has different information. It even took the government loan locator days to find my loan.
Performant will not call me back so I do not know what to do to begin working on fixing this situation.

Hi Amy!

From the length of your query-I can assume that you are entangled in a real problem.
But don’t worry. Follow my advice mindfully and you can get out of this problem quickly.

You should call Performant Recovery on your own for the last time. Tell them that you are interested in joining the student loan rehabilitation program. So, they should stop the wage-garnishment policy with you.

You can go straight to their office for a discussion if the telephone policy does not work.

This is their address:

333 North Canyons Parkway
Suite 100 Livermore, CA 94551
United States.

This can be your Plan-A.

What you should do if Performant Recovery does not pay attention to your words?

Directly seek legal advice. Appoint an attorney on your behalf who has years of experience in FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act).

My only suggestion is you should react quickly. The more delay you will make while making your decision-the garnishment will be stretched for that long time.

So be hurry! You may call 800-DEBT-913 to get instant legal advice on student loans.

I hope I have answered all your questions. Please write in the forum about your experience with Performant Recovery.

Thanks! Keep posting!

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 03/13/2020 - 01:11

Ryan Miller Ryan Miller

(Posts: 249 | Credits: )

Make a stand as soon as possible. Try to meet them in person or seek suggestions from an attorney.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 03/13/2020 - 04:07

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1239 | Credits: )

Consult an attorney ans meet them to talk about the matter.

Sub: #3 posted on Fri, 03/20/2020 - 04:59

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1239 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.375 seconds.