Skip to main content
index page

Sallie mae Student loans

Submitted by on Tue, 05/31/2011 - 07:25
Credits:
[Donate]

I am really upset with Sallie mae. They are not willing to work with people and it is really frustrating. I owe A LOT of money to them, I just graduated, only have a weekend job right now and cannot afford to pay them $890 a month! I keep asking them to work with me and they wont because they are private loans! I cannot afford to put on forbearance again and anyways with the interest rates they have its dumb to do so because I am just making my loan that much bigger. Is there a way to get them out of Sallie mae with a company that will work with me better? If I am giving them something can they still send me to credit people? I have been giving them $50 a month because that is all I can afford. what are my options??

You do not have a lot of options....you signed a promisorry note agreeing to the terms of the loan. Private loans should be the last choice of any student....I keep saying that if you cannot afford to go to school without private loans, then you need to find a different school.

Eventually they will default you and you will go to collections. Work hard on getting additional employment...multiple jobs if you have to....you basically are starting your working career with a mortgage.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Tue, 05/31/2011 - 16:33

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

We should all unite and try to get Congress to discharge all students loan debts and give everyone a free start because too many Americans are suffering! I feel bad for you. We give billions to banks that abuse us but we don't bail out common American citizens : ( Sad state. Maybe, you can have some kind of hardship case to present in court in order to get them discharged?

Submitted by on Tue, 07/05/2011 - 15:49

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )