Skip to main content
index page

What is master promissory note?

Submitted by ditchdebt on Thu, 07/31/2014 - 01:18
Credits:
[Donate]

What is master promissory note?

A Master Promissory Note: is in general - a promissory note for all loans borrowed to go to school for given semester and a promise to pay back said loans. -
SECTION C: BORROWER REQUEST, CERTIFICATIONS, AUTHORIZATIONS, AND UNDERSTANDINGS – READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING BELOW
11. This is a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for one or more Federal Direct Stafford/Ford (Direct Subsidized) Loans and/or Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford/Ford (Direct Unsubsidized)
Loans. I request a total amount of Direct Subsidized Loans and/or Direct Unsubsidized Loans under this MPN not to exceed the allowable maximums under the Act (“the Act” is defined in
Section E under Governing Law). My school will notify me of the loan type and loan amount that I am eligible to borrow. Within certain timeframes, I may cancel a loan or request a lower
amount by contacting my school, or by refusing to accept or returning all or a portion of a loan disbursement that is made to me. The Borrower’s Rights and Responsibilities Statement that
accompanies this MPN and the disclosure statements that will be provided to me contain additional information about my right to cancel a loan or request a lower amount.
12. Under penalty of perjury, I certify that:
A. The information I have provided on this MPN and as updated by me from time to time is true, complete, and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and is made in good faith.
B. I will use the proceeds of loans made under this MPN for authorized educational expenses that I incur, and I will immediately repay any loan proceeds that cannot be attributed to
educational expenses for attendance on at least a half-time basis at the school that certified my loan eligibility.
C. If I owe an overpayment on a Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG), National Science
and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent (SMART) Grant, or Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership Grant, I have made satisfactory arrangements to repay the amount owed.
D. If I am in default on any loan I received under the Federal Perkins Loan Program (including National Direct Student Loans), the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program,
or the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program, I have made satisfactory repayment arrangements with the loan holder to repay the amount owed.
E. If I have been convicted of, or if I have pled nolo contendere (no contest) or guilty to, a crime involving fraud in obtaining funds under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as
amended, (HEA), I have fully repaid the funds to the U.S. Department of Education (ED) or to the loan holder in the case of a Title IV federal student loan.
13. For each Direct Subsidized Loan and Direct Unsubsidized Loan I receive under this MPN:
A. I authorize my school to certify my eligibility for the loan.
B. I authorize my school to credit my loan proceeds to my student account at the school, and to pay to ED any refund that may be due up to the full loan amount.
C. I authorize ED to investigate my credit record and report information about my loan status to persons and organizations permitted by law to receive that information.
D. I authorize ED to defer repayment of principal on my loan while I am enrolled at least half-time at an eligible school, unless I notify ED differently.
E. I authorize my schools, ED, and their agents and contractors to release information about my loan to the references on the loan and to my immediate family members unless I submit
written directions otherwise.
F. I authorize my schools, ED, and their agents and contractors to share information about my loan with each other.
G. I authorize my schools, ED, and their agents and contractors to contact me regarding my loan request or my loan, including repayment of my loan, at the number that I provide on this
MPN or any future number that I provide for my cellular telephone or other wireless device using automated dialing equipment or artificial or prerecorded voice or text messages.
14. I understand that:
A. ED will give me the opportunity to pay the interest that accrues on each loan made under this MPN during grace, in-school, deferment (including in-school deferment), forbearance, and
other periods as provided under the Act. If I do not pay the interest that accrues during these periods, ED may add unpaid interest that accrues on each loan made under this MPN
to the principal balance of that loan (this is called “capitalization”) at the end of the grace, deferment, forbearance, or other period. Capitalization will increase the principal balance on
my loan and the total amount of interest I must pay.
B. ED has the authority to verify information reported on this MPN with other federal agencies.
SECTION D: PROMISE TO PAY
15. I promise to pay to ED all loan amounts disbursed under the terms of this MPN, plus interest and other charges and fees that may become due as provided in this MPN. I understand
that more than one loan may be made to me under this MPN. I understand that by accepting any disbursement issued at any time under this MPN, I agree to repay the loan associated
with that disbursement.
16. If I do not make a payment on a loan made under this MPN when it is due, I will also pay reasonable collection costs, including but not limited to attorney fees, court costs, and other fees.
17. I will not sign this MPN before reading the entire MPN, even if I am told not to read it, or told that I am not required to read it. I am entitled to an exact copy of this MPN and the Borrower’s
Rights and Responsibilities Statement.
18. My signature certifies that I have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions of this MPN, including the Borrower Request, Certifications, Authorizations, and Understandings in
Section C, the MPN Terms and Conditions described in Section E, the Notice About Subsequent Loans Made Under this MPN in Section E, and the Borrower’s Rights and Responsibilities
Statement.
I UNDERSTAND THAT I MAY RECEIVE ONE OR MORE LOANS UNDER THIS MPN, AND THAT I MUST REPAY ALL LOANS THAT I RECEIVE UNDER THIS MPN.

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Thu, 07/31/2014 - 15:24

HelpinAZ

( Posts: 1870 | Credits: )