Skip to main content
index page

Need help! Getting calls from GC when I already have payment plans set!

Submitted by LC2 on Fri, 02/17/2012 - 10:28
[Donate]

I was set up for the rehabilitation program for my student loans this past month after working with an understanding CA and thought the situation was taken care of. However, a few days later, I was getting phone calls from a GC CA suggesting that I needed to make more payments on this loan. The original CA sent me a copy of all the loans I owed. They never mentioned any more.
I just spoke to these other people and told them that I'm already paying what I have to pay and to stop calling me.. has anyone experienced this before? They're also saying that my DAD is owing 15k! The first collection agency people that I worked with never mentioned anything about my father owing any money to sallie mae.
Need help!

It is possible that your account has been reassigned. You will need to to work with the new CA...call and talk with them. You cannot cease them over the phone and doing it in writing will probably send you right to garnishment if you a federal loan.

The 1st CA can only discuss the loans assingned to them. It is possible you had additional loans defaulted.

As for you fathers loan, they should not be discussing that with you unless you are a cosignor. He needs to be dealing with that.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Fri, 02/17/2012 - 12:13

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )