Skip to main content
index page

Sallie Mae consolidation

Submitted by on Sun, 07/15/2012 - 19:07
Credits:
[Donate]

I consolidated 2 federal student loans with SML in July of 2007, I received phone calls month after month from SML stating I was late on my payment, I explained to them of the consolidation and with every call ending in "oh, I see that hear, we will have that fixed in 72 hours and your payments applied correctly". After an entire year of SML misapplying my payments, I then became unemployed and defaulted on the loan, I am back to work and trying to right my wrongs on my credit report, I see that SML has 3 accounts on my CBR $2600 PIF July 2007, $1600 that became delinquent July 2007 (yet showed current every several months), and $4200 account created July 2007 (showing delinquencies and current every several months). It appears they didn't properly close one of my original education loans when having done the consolidation. I have written the 3 major credit bureaus (3 months ago) to which I have had one response, Transunion sent a generic letter stating "the accounts are correct". I have written SML and have had no response either. What can I do?

Quote:

I consolidated 2 federal student loans with SML in July of 2007, I received phone calls month after month from SML stating I was late on my payment, I explained to them of the consolidation and with every call ending in "oh, I see that hear, we will have that fixed in 72 hours and your payments applied correctly". After an entire year of SML misapplying my payments, I then became unemployed and defaulted on the loan,

Why on earth did you not get a economic hardship deferment?? You were eligible for up to 3 years!!!

Quote:
I am back to work and trying to right my wrongs on my credit report, I see that SML has 3 accounts on my CBR $2600 PIF July 2007, $1600 that became delinquent July 2007 (yet showed current every several months), and $4200 account created July 2007 (showing delinquencies and current every several months). It appears they didn't properly close one of my original education loans when having done the consolidation. I have written the 3 major credit bureaus (3 months ago) to which I have had one response, Transunion sent a generic letter stating "the accounts are correct". I have written SML and have had no response either. What can I do?

Are you absolutely sure that you only had 2 loans?? Log into NSLDS and double check.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Sun, 07/15/2012 - 19:38

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )