Skip to main content
index page

DCS Agreement

Submitted by Georgiapeach on Thu, 07/19/2012 - 16:23
[Donate]

I spoke with an agent at DCS who was supposed to be in the garnishment department. The agent worked with me and was able to pull my loan before it was sent into garnishment. He asked if I could make the payment that I had originally set up with the original collections agent on the next day. I advised him that I could and we made the arrangement that I would make the payment of a set amount recurring from my account on the 20th of each month. The payment was taken from my account and within a few days I received the agreement letter in the mail of what we had set up and what he had put on the line with the other lady to clarify the information so the automatic payments could begin. Well now about two weeks later I get a call from him and he is requesting a copy of my 1040. I called him back and left a message on his voice mail advising him that I had a few questions about this because I didn't feel comfortable with this because a 1040 has a lot of personal information on it. Also that he did not state to me that was required when he spoke with me on the phone, nor is that stated in the agreement letter that he has sent out to me, nor was that stated before the first monies were drafted from my account. I attempted to explain to him when I spoke to the first collections agent that I did not feel comfortable sending in that sort of paperwork and that agent stated to me the least amount they could accept without any further paperwork would be $243. I then told the agent to just make the payment an even $245 so that it would be easier for me to keep track of. The agent agreed. That was the last talk of that. Now this agent is stating unless I fax in the 1040 he is going to consider that I am breaching the agreement because I am getting a hardship rate of $245 and not paying the regular rate of $324. That is not what we agreed on. His only response was well the other agent must have misunderstood. So now my payment is due to be drafted from my account as we agreed on the 20th and the money is in the account so that I can be sure that I am not breaching the agreement. But he is saying I have until Friday to fax in the 1040. He says I can either pay the regular rate or send in the paperwork, my choice. Or have my wages garnished. I don't understand. I have a typed agreement. How can he come back and ask for something that is not stated in this agreement and then ask for more money if it is not gotten. I thought that was the point of an agreement in writing. What do I do? Can he do this. Am I safe as long as I continue to allow the $245 to be drafted from my account each month on the 20th as stated in the agreement that was sent to me? Please help me.