Skip to main content
index page

settlement story with a happy ending?

Submitted by lisaawilliamson on Mon, 09/10/2007 - 05:17
Credits:
[Donate]

Anyone have one? A settlement story that didn't complete ruin you and/or your credit forever. I am afraid to go down this road.

Lisa, there are many successes on this forum. Take some time to read and see what this place is about. The people here are helpful and have been where you are. I know it is difficult to have blind faith, especially where your credit is concerned. I have only been here a little over a month. I started with eight pdl's and received 2 paid in full's within the first month. It can work. - Roxy

Submitted by RoxyNY on Mon, 09/10/2007 - 06:39

RoxyNY

( Posts: 4178 | Credits: )

I remember years ago I settled with several credit card companies that I had. It was the only way I could get them paid off. It did lower my credit rating but not nearly as much as it would have if I had judgements put against me which was the next step if I had not settled when I did.

Submitted by pybasj on Mon, 09/10/2007 - 07:16

pybasj

( Posts: 818 | Credits: )

It won't hurt your credit forever, and is certainly better than it not ever getting paid off.

Since coming on here, I have been able to get all of our debt paid off, except one, that I am still fighting.

It can be done- just takes some hard work, and time.

After this is done, or really before it is, check out your credit reports and you can start clearing up things there.

Hang in there !!..KAren :D

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Mon, 09/10/2007 - 16:22

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )