Skip to main content
index page

I want to Say THANK YOU!!! to everyone here...

Submitted by wendylynn93 on Thu, 08/28/2008 - 05:30
Credits:
[Donate]

I am sooo glad that i came across this wesite, i dont know what i would have done if i hadnt. I honestly never gave the thought that these pdl were illegal, DUMB!! :shock: :?
I am lucky that i found this so early in my loans most of them i had only pd a couple of fees and it could have been sooo outragious!!
I am NEVER get another pdl again. Sure i might need the money right then, but what are the odds of paying it back right away plus the fees(im talking about the legit ones) - which i feel they all should be illegal!!
Yes, I know we have the choice, and yes i know we are the ones that make the choices whether good or bad, but when it comes down to losing your house and they are there, i thought at the time i was making the right choice!!
Thank you all again for your support and sharing your advice as well as your experiences!!
wendy

Thanks to all of you,too! This is why I stay here, to help others and help give them the hope and support I was given.

I was scared and in a panic when I got here, and with little hope. The people here gave me not only hope, but support and helped educate me in my rights as a consumer. I thought that just because someone said you owed them something, you had to pay, even it wasn't yours- just because they were a business or attorney--pretty stupid at my age!

Now the new people here that get help, can stay and offer their support and experience to others as well!..karen :D

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Thu, 08/28/2008 - 08:05

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )

For me, it felt really good to know that there are others here who share the same issues that I share and just the piece of mind knowing that you're not alone and that there are people going through the same things that I'm going through was a huge relief, this site convinced me that we are all in this pdl fight together! lol!!!

Submitted by on Thu, 08/28/2008 - 10:13

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I came here with about seven PDLs over a year ago. I read, I wrote letters and then I joined the forums to use what I learned to help others. I do not know what I would have done if not for the advice that I received from the great people here. That is only one of the reasons I hung around to give back and to help others. I have also made a few freinds along the way and to this I am also grateful. You know who you are pug, purple hair, diamond heart, fairy princess, weiner dog and all the others, who, forgive me if I overlooked you. Thanks!

Submitted by Frogpatch on Thu, 08/28/2008 - 10:41

Frogpatch

( Posts: 5381 | Credits: )

Quote:

"I found this site right after a Bass & Associates telephone call. I was shaking, scared and on the verge of tears. I think the day I found this site and was reading for hours and hours. I was so thankful and everybody was so helpful.
"

They're still in business? They were Platinum B were they not?
I remember my first call from them. I found all sorts of thing about them when I hung up. I felt so empowered when they called back and I knew I wasn't going to jail...I think I used every cuss word in the book about 17 times.[/quote]

Submitted by on Thu, 08/28/2008 - 10:51

I must agree also! Thank you again to everyone! I think we've all found this place when we were in a low point in our lives and close to giving up, or even in the process of giving up! The community is a bright spot. The people are wonderful and friendly, and obviously care about others. It's such a joy to meet people like I've met here, when it seems the rest of the world has adopted the "me" attitude. I think many of us can say we owe our sanity to this place! :D
big hugs!!!
Jen

Submitted by jennifer_bailey75 on Thu, 08/28/2008 - 14:41

jennifer_bailey75

( Posts: 154 | Credits: )

I agree, the people on the site are AWESOME! I was in such a mess and with everyones help I have slowly come out of it. I am down to 2 loans, and one has taken NO action since i closed my bank account, and the other is working on a settlement. 4 of the companies resonded to my letters with PIF letters saying I have been a good paying custmer. I couldnt have done it and stayed sane without everyones help! Thank you

Submitted by on Thu, 08/28/2008 - 16:52

I would like to say thanks to everyone, I have 7 pdls and only have gotten one paid in full however I got my first letter only 2 days after the process which i my motivation to keep on pushing.. It is really a shame that we as people take advantage of one another this way..and I guess it does not hit home to you really sit down and look at how much you are paying out each month, I would have let the cycle continue and been blind, and then I said hey I got to get control I was robbing Peter to pay Paul and all along they were robbing me..

Submitted by on Thu, 08/28/2008 - 18:04

I came here with about seven PDLs over a year ago. I read, I wrote letters and then I joined the forums to use what I learned to help others. I do not know what I would have done if not for the advice that I received from the great people here. That is only one of the reasons I hung around to give back and to help others. I have also made a few freinds along the way and to this I am also grateful. You know who you are pug, purple hair, diamond heart, fairy princess, weiner dog and all the others, who, forgive me if I overlooked you. Thanks!frog you ran many many members out of here but kep up whatever you are doing!

Submitted by on Sun, 08/31/2008 - 02:53

Go Away Matthew. You're PDL BS is not welcome - ND

Submitted by on Thu, 06/04/2009 - 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am new to this site. I am tring to get out of debt. I lost my job and the job market is not so good. We are living off of one income and can't even make the min. payments. Hope you can help me!!!

There are different sections for various types of debt situations, please look over the forum and post your questions, we would be happy to help you.

Submitted by Shazzers on Sat, 09/26/2009 - 22:25

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

I am not in the USA , but I suppose the best advice I can give is universal . That is to know your rights . I am in the UK and our laws are slightly different to yours . ie after 6 years of non payment or acknowledgement they can never take you to court , even if you take out a double page advertisement in the daily telegraph admitting you it . But they can ask you to pay after the 6 year period (without recourse to resolve it in the court , but upon receipt of a letter it is statute barred they must desist ) and some companies like to neglect the law and hope that you are unaware of it too . In my case , the times these people rear their heads asking for money and threatening court action they receive a blitzkrieg of regulation laden complaints referring them to the credit association, the trading standards, the office of fair trading, the information commissionaire and the financial ombudsman , to whom they subsequently have to pay a case fee sum of ??500 to investigate my complaint. So that is the way to stop being a victim. Know your rights and know who to complain to , and do it, create an avalanche of complaint paperwork every time they make a transgression .

Submitted by on Thu, 10/08/2009 - 10:24