Share post
member profile picture

I sent them out yesterday to all,, Greenlight Funding,, and Loan Shop Online.

Kind of funny because I kept getting system undeliverable messages from a lot of the emails but eventually found a good email from each one...except, I think they got it anyway, because not only am I locked out of my account, they keep sending me payment reminder emails and the from: part is blank!! I did get one reponse though...Loan Shop Online from Mr. William Mashburn:

July 17, 2009


A complaint filed by you via email regarding a loan you applied for and received from Loan Shop Online has been received. I appreciate your patience and cooperation as we attempt to arrive at an amicable resolution to this matter.

On June 8, 2009, you agreed to the terms of a $500.00 loan from Loan Shop Online. As of July 17, 2009, a total of $300.00 has been repaid towards this loan. As you are a customer in good standing, I believe it is in the best interests of both parties to accept your offer to repay the full principal balance only and close you file as “Paid in Full.” Per your request, there will be no further attempts to debit your checking account for fee payments. No additional fees will be applied to your balance.

Your remaining $200.00 balance may be paid by ACH withdrawal or Money Gram transfer (available at all Wal-Mart and CVS Pharmacy locations). To send a Money Gram payment, please use the following information:

Receive Code: 4959

Company: LTS Management

City, State: Wilmington, DE

Reference: 576504

As a confirmation that your complaint has been resolved, please review the attached agreement and fax a signed copy to me at your earliest convenience.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me directly any time.


William Mashburn

Loan Shop Online

Phone: 888-265-5074 x3497

Fax: 800-383-3309

How do I respond?? I don't want to send anything via MoneyGram and my letter clearly states that I request a physical address to mail my payments to...

Forgot to log in...SORRY...the above post was me

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 08:09

mcage mcage

(Posts: 24 | Credits: )

resend a letter stating you will send payment ONLY to a physical address. You will not give them your bank account information for them to do any ach transactions, nor do you feel comfortable with MoneyGrams.

Basically tell them if they want their money and the debt settled, you will be glad to mail them payment to their companies physical address! Otherwise this is an issue with no resolve.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 08:16


I also previously had a another loan with this particular PDL right before the above mentioned...borrowed $400...paid $895. Can I request a PIF based on the fact that I overpaid on this loan?

Sub: #3 posted on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 08:28

mcage mcage

(Posts: 24 | Credits: )

"As a confirmation that your complaint has been resolved, please review the attached agreement and fax a signed copy to me at your earliest convenience."

I would NOT sign and fax anything to them. The complaint has not been resolved and you dont want to release them.

They have no right to tell you how you may pay them. If you try to pay them and they are unwilling to accept payment a judge would love that!

If you agree to give them personal banking info for them to do an ach transaction they can revert back to the original loan contract and evaluate roll over fees. Withdrawing the full amount plus fees from your account.

A certified check from you drawn on your bank, I think would be a better option than a moneygram. Clearly state on the certified check the balance is paid in full. When "paid in full" is written on a check by the payer and is cashed by the payee, both parties are agreeing the debt is paid in full.

Sub: #4 posted on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 08:33

fatcat fatcat

(Posts: 171 | Credits: )

Yeah-just write them back and tell them the only way you are willing to make payment is by MO so you will need a physical address to mail it to. They more than likely won't give you one-so just stand firm-if they can't provide a mailing adress I guess they don't want their money too bad. I actually had one tell me they were'nt "set up" to accept payments by mail. huh? what is there to set up? Go check your mail and then go the bank! LOL

Sub: #5 posted on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 08:45

resqume1 resqume1

(Posts: 324 | Credits: )

LOL @ "set up" for payments by mail!!

OK, so should I request a PIF on this PDL due to the fact that I paid $895 on a $400 loan right before this one??

Sub: #6 posted on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 08:49

mcage mcage

(Posts: 24 | Credits: )

sure go ahead. Can't hurt anything. Personally I never lost any sleep over my illegal pdl's (once I got my account closed that is lol). I have a couple who never would give me a mailing address and they have never been paid. I mean they don't work within the law so don't worry about keeping to the letter of the law with them, know what I mean? If you want a pif based on the fact you had previously over paid just tell them that.

Sub: #7 posted on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 09:31

resqume1 resqume1

(Posts: 324 | Credits: )

Thanks resqume1! How does this sound?

William Mashburn,

Thank you for your response to my letter.

I am requesting that Loan Shop Online mark my account as ???Paid in Full??? immediately due to a previous loan I received from Loan Shop Online on 03/09/09, in the amount of $400, for which I have paid $895. Overpayment has clearly been made, no further payment is due to your company.

Please note that I am not asking for a refund over the monies in which I overpaid.

At this time, I ask that my account be marked as ???Paid in Full??? and that a letter be sent to me via USPS stating that my account with Loan Shop Online is closed and ???Paid in Full???.


Melissa Cage

Sub: #8 posted on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 09:56

mcage mcage

(Posts: 24 | Credits: )

Looks good! Keep us posted on how it goes!

Sub: #9 posted on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 10:01

resqume1 resqume1

(Posts: 324 | Credits: )

Wow...I'm ALMOST impressed! :roll:

Dear Ms. Cage,

Thank you for your email. Attached below is a copy of your loan agreement. Per your request and per Regulation E Section 205.10 we have noted your account with your revoked authorization. I have forwarded your email and you should receive a response with in 2-3 business days to resolve this matter. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.


The Greenlight Support Team
(P) 1-800-914-1574
(F) 1-800-914-4181

Sub: #10 posted on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 12:45

mcage mcage

(Posts: 24 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.887 seconds.