Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 2
Credits: 0

Is there anything called federal student tax? Got a call from the IRS and then 911 yesterday. I'm scared.

There is nothing called federal student tax. It is a scam.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 05/26/2016 - 23:23

davensmith8 davensmith8

(Posts: 14 | Credits: )

Davensmith8 is absolutely right - there is nothing on earth called the federal student tax. If you’ve been called for paying your federal student tax, then it’s a SCAM. The IRS tax scams are growing like a wildfire and the IRS is constantly making us aware of this.

Here I’d like to shift your attention on few points - first, the IRS would never ask you to transfer money through some untraceable medium or suggest you a specific mode of payment; second, they’ll send you a letter first if you owe them money; third, they’ll never demand immediate payment; and fourth, they won’t threaten you to bring the cops if you don’t listen to them.

If you get such calls take the following steps -
  • Hung up immediately.

  • Report the call to the FTC without any delay. Call FTC's Consumer Response Center at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357). To file a complaint online go to

  • Call the IRS at 800-829-1040 and verify the matter.

  • Report the call to Treasury Inspector General Administration (TIGTA). Call at 800-366-4484.

  • Make your friends, family, and relatives aware of it. They might be the next victim.

Hope you’re benefitted.

Sub: #2 posted on Wed, 06/01/2016 - 19:42

Phil Bradford Phil Bradford

(Posts: 166 | Credits: )

Don't be scared. It was a scam call. Read more about it and say updated so that no one can make you fool.

You can read authenticate website to know consumer information.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 06/07/2016 - 05:55

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1234 | Credits: )

Hey! Yesterday, I got a call for federal student tax again. This time, I just told them to ******.

Sub: #4 posted on Sun, 06/19/2016 - 23:56

kennith kennith

(Posts: 2 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.320 seconds.