Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums US tax system and impact on debt forums

My wages have been garnished and my tax refund taken

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

My wages have been garnished and my tax refund taken for a while now and I need it to stop. I'm now married with a baby and I need the money they take every year. I have Stafford loans that are unpaid and I can't seem to find any information on them to set up a payment plan. I go to AES web site and they say my balance is zero?? Please help me and my family from my mistake when I was young!!

When was the loan taken? Consult with the authorities first

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 08/23/2018 - 19:37


Try to rehabilitate your loan where you have to make 9 monthly payments in 10 consecutive months. Don't lose your hope yet. The loan servicer will set a repayment plan based on the 15% of your discretionary income.

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 08/23/2018 - 21:14

David Martin David Martin

(Posts: 398 | Credits: )

talk to your difficulties and financial hardship to the authority. Try to convince them to forgive the loan. Try to get a financial help or grant from govt. Are you a single parent?

Sub: #3 posted on Fri, 08/24/2018 - 04:44

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1239 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.481 seconds.