Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 12
Credits: 0

I filed taxes jointly with my husband. I will get a 1099c for the account I settled, should I include my husband's assets and debt to get my insolvency or just do the computation with just my asset and debt?

You need to talk to a tax professional or an attorney. I am 99% sure you have to include all jointly owned assets in your insolvency calculation, so only non-marital property of your husband's (like things he owned pre-marriage) would not be included. I would never do this on my own without consulting a professional. Never mess with the IRS!

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 09/15/2009 - 20:44

estelle_smiles estelle_smiles

(Posts: 11 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.825 seconds.