Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 38
Credits: 0

We owed taxes in 2010 and was set up on payment plan. In 2011 did not file. And due to stupidity will probably owe in 2012. Don't want a lecture, but does anyone know if IRS will still do payment plan if we file last taxes now?

Please any advice...

Ever thought of calling them them and asking without identifying yourself????

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 03/04/2013 - 19:29

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17310 | Credits: )

They will. (I've been there, done that, sorry). BUT and this is a huge BUT--what the IRS absolutely doesn't like to see is unfiled tax returns. So before you can do anything like this, you're going to have to get those 2011 returns filed. You can get the 2011 forms off the website--and if you need your W-2's from that year, I would contact your employer. If for some reason, you can't get them, there is a form on the IRS website (don't know the number, sorry), where you can send in an estimated W4.

The other alternative is contacting the IRS for the info, as all W2's go to Social Security first, then the IRS. The IRS will probably also be sending you a notice, if they haven't already, asking for a return for that year.

Once you take care of that, then you can talk payment arrangement.

Sub: #2 posted on Sun, 03/10/2013 - 15:44

kscornell kscornell
(Posts: 4407 | Credits: )

Thank you guys. I actually did suck it up and call them! They said same thing. I am still showing in good standing even though 2011 is not filed. As long as 2011 and 2012 are filed by April I am OK.

Thanks so much for the info.

Sub: #3 posted on Mon, 03/11/2013 - 10:13

ashemson ashemson

(Posts: 38 | Credits: )

You'd be surprised how willing they are to take small payment arrangements if you stay on top of these things.

Sub: #4 posted on Tue, 03/12/2013 - 21:02

waffles waffles
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 1697 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.267 seconds.