Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums US tax system and impact on debt forums

Will I have to keep my bank account open to get tax return if moving out of US?

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

I am moving out of US. If I am filing tax return now, how will I get the refiund? Will I have to keep that bank account open? Please advise.

If you're eligible for a refund, then it will be directly deposited in the checking or savings account. It's best to maintain the U.S account to request direct deposit. In case, you don't wish to maintain the U.S account, then the IRS will mail the check to the address you provided on your tax return.

Sub: #1 posted on Wed, 03/07/2018 - 02:39

(Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

Do you have a checking account? If yes, then the money will be deposited there.

Sub: #2 posted on Mon, 03/12/2018 - 06:19

sanderspatricia29 sanderspatricia29

(Posts: 1194 | Credits: )

Your refund should be credited to your account directly. As you are moving out of U.S.A, the IRS will send you the cheque to the address you provided on your tax return.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 03/13/2018 - 00:37

tiarajoseph11 tiarajoseph11

(Posts: 467 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.615 seconds.