Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums US tax system and impact on debt forums

By filing for tax extension, can I pay my dues later?

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

Tax filing extension - Can anyone please suggest what is that? If I file for extension, will I have to make the required payment on that date?

Yes, your tax return deadline will be extended by 6-months from the actual date of submission.

Tax filing extension is a 6-month extension to file tax return by submitting IRS Form 4868. You use the form provided here:,-Application-for-Automatic-Extension-of-Time-To-Fi le-U.S.-Individual-Income-Tax-Return

You'll have submit your tax return on scheduled or else you'll have to face penalties or pay interest for late filing.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 06/30/2016 - 02:42

paulcahill80 paulcahill80

(Posts: 2359 | Credits: )

I fully agree with Paul Cahill.

Filing for an extension will give you time to file your tax returns, but your tax payment date will be the same. After filing an extension, if you owe money at the time of filing tax returns, you might have to pay extra charges and severe penalties if you anyhow missed your due date.

You'll get more detailed information here -

Hope that helps

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 06/30/2016 - 05:40

tiarajoseph11 tiarajoseph11

(Posts: 467 | Credits: )

Hi Chester,
Even if you file for a tax extension, still you must pay your income tax in full by the April deadline. You can file a tax extension if you have incomplete tax documentation, late payment penalties, unexpected life events or obtain more tax savings (IRA conversions).

Sub: #3 posted on Sun, 07/03/2016 - 20:55

Phil Bradford Phil Bradford

(Posts: 166 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.204 seconds.