Skip to main content
index page

What does administrative judgment against me mean?

Submitted by on Wed, 02/09/2005 - 16:42
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi,

I have a $1,450. cumulative debt for parking tickets ($700.00 doubled over time) in Chicago, IL.

Yesterday evening, this man called and did not say the "mini-miranda" schlep - then proceeded to try to good cop/bad cop me into sending $ via western union.

I asked him if it was a collection agency and he said, "Listen Ms. X, you're either gonna make a payment or we will garnish your wages."

When I got his supervisor on the line (after a long wait) she was much softer but did not take my complaint of his treatment seriously.

I want to make a payment, but not to the collection agency (which the a-hole told me I couldn't but the supervisor said I could). If I go down to the city office and make a payment, can the collection agency still file an action against me?

Also, the a-hole mentioned there is an "administrative judgment against me. What does this mean (he would not tell me).

Thanks!!!!

Ruka

Hi Ruka,

Welcome to debt consolidation care forum

Since you are willing to pay up, call up the customer service personals of your original creditor and inform them of your interest to settle the account, and they are likely to agree but make sure you get the name of the person you talked to, their mailing address, fax number and the phone number. Once the deal is settled , request the written agreement be mailed to you and add that you will reply in writing or mail them through fax , if in case you don't agree to their offer, inform that you need to think it over, come up with another deal and approach them again .

Please feel free to visit us often, we will appreciate having your suggestion and feedbacks or get yourself registered for free counseling and advice.

Thank you,
Simon

Submitted by simon on Wed, 02/09/2005 - 17:30

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )

Hi,

Quote:

Very nice site. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
I was surfing along and came across your website. I really enjoyed it. Thanks! This site is very informative.

Thanks for your booster and sincere appreciation. It is a pleasure to know that our site could render you with your desired requirements. :D

Keeping in mind your benefits we are upgrading the site every passing day and our aim is to work for a debt free community in the near future.

Be a part of our goal and help us in making our dream a huge success with your active participation in the forum and making it more interactive.

Thanks once more for all the appreciation. It helps us to keep going forward in our mission. :)

Hope to hear from you at frequent intervals.

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Sun, 03/06/2005 - 23:45

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )

Hi Ruka,
I am a reporter from Businessweek and would like to speak to you more about your experiences dealing with parking tickets sent to collections. If you would like to speak to me, please email at email address removed as per forum rules - Mike

Thank you,
Jessica

Submitted by on Fri, 11/30/2007 - 09:27

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Some state legislatures have passed statutes (meaning they have been signed by the respective states' governor) allowing the state or local governments to factor out parking ticket debts to collection agencies.

As to the administrative judgement and garnishing wages, your failure to appear/answer/pay for the complaint in municipal court (not sure what they call it out there) automatically qualifies you for a whole slew of things the state can do. The first thing you do with failing to go to court is qualify you for a default judgement for the tickets.

The next step here, is that these people (and this is just conjecture, because I am unsure about practices in IL), however, they probably have an express line to an administrative law judge who can sign a garnishment order as well as sign a suspension of license order.

You don't go to court, you gotta pay in more way than one. Not going for parking tickets is almost the same as not answering a civil complaint.

Submitted by on Fri, 11/30/2007 - 22:53

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )