Skip to main content
index page

Unable to pay for bankruptcy - What to do

Submitted by kerdrod on Thu, 09/24/2020 - 20:15

Filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy sometime back. I made my last payment in Feb What should I do now?

You may request a hardship discharge if you couldn;t make the required payments. The court will analyze yout financial situation before granting you a discharge.

Submitted by Good Nelly on Fri, 09/25/2020 - 05:54

Good Nelly

( Posts: 2846 | Credits: )

I made my last payment in Feb What should I do now?

Contact your attorney to determine if you can modify the Chapter 13 Plan and include a moratorium. If you do not have an attorney, talk to the Trustee to see if he/she can assist and/or hire an attorney.

A "hardship discharge" under 11 USC 1328(b) is only appropriate if, after a Hearing, you show the following:

1) The failure to complete payments is due to circumstances for which you should not justifiably be held accountable;
2) You have already met Chapter 7 reconciliation requirements; and
3) Modification of the plan is not practicable.

Go talk to an attorney.


Submitted by despritfreya on Fri, 09/25/2020 - 17:46


( Posts: 175 | Credits: )