Skip to main content
index page

Being sued by Scott & Associates

Submitted by James Miller on Mon, 06/12/2017 - 08:08

I am being sued in Texas by Scott & Associates PC for a Capitol One debt. I received the lawsuit late friday afternoon. It says I have 14 days to file an answer with the court. Along with the lawsuit paperwork I also received a small note saying contact us this can be resolved outside of court. I am new to all of this and not sure what to do. Does anyone have any experience with this law firm? What are my options?

You should respond to the lawsuit. You can respond directly or hire an experienced attorney, but you must do so by the date specified in the court papers.
You may have to pay a filing fee to the court when submitting your response, but low income defendants may get a waiver.

Submitted by tiarajoseph11 on Tue, 06/13/2017 - 06:49


( Posts: 473 | Credits: )

You have 2 options:

You have to file an answer with the court and try to defend yourself
Since they are open to negotiation, you should take advantage of this situation and settle debts out of court. Contact Scott & Associates as soon as possible.

Submitted by SC on Tue, 06/13/2017 - 04:08


( Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

You must file your response to the lawsuit, called an ‘Answer. Your answer to the court must include an admission or denial of the claim, any legal defenses, potential counterclaims, and your signature. If you have income that is exempt from garnishment, it must also be included in the answer.

Submitted by Barbara Delinsky on Tue, 06/13/2017 - 07:07

Barbara Delinsky

( Posts: 433 | Credits: )

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.