Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

I am being sued in Texas by Scott & Associates PC for a Capitol One debt. I received the lawsuit late friday afternoon. It says I have 14 days to file an answer with the court. Along with the lawsuit paperwork I also received a small note saying contact us this can be resolved outside of court. I am new to all of this and not sure what to do. Does anyone have any experience with this law firm? What are my options?

You have 2 options:

You have to file an answer with the court and try to defend yourself
Since they are open to negotiation, you should take advantage of this situation and settle debts out of court. Contact Scott & Associates as soon as possible.

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 06/13/2017 - 04:08

(Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

You should respond to the lawsuit. You can respond directly or hire an experienced attorney, but you must do so by the date specified in the court papers.
You may have to pay a filing fee to the court when submitting your response, but low income defendants may get a waiver.

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 06/13/2017 - 06:49

tiarajoseph11 tiarajoseph11

(Posts: 467 | Credits: )

You must file your response to the lawsuit, called an ‘Answer. Your answer to the court must include an admission or denial of the claim, any legal defenses, potential counterclaims, and your signature. If you have income that is exempt from garnishment, it must also be included in the answer.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 06/13/2017 - 07:07

Barbara Delinsky Barbara Delinsky

(Posts: 432 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.185 seconds.