Skip to main content
index page

Account Solutions Group II

Submitted by on Wed, 01/12/2005 - 13:44
Credits:
[Donate]

I also have been grappling with ASG. For two months now they have been calling me off and on about an account I have been paying on.

Incidentally, my first contact with them was a couple of days after I had made a payment on the account in question. I first tried to work out a payment schedule with them, they didn't want to do that, they wanted the whole amount.

I told them I didn't have that much money on me, he somehow pulled up the fact that I had made a down payment on a car recently! (I had had an accident and my car was totaled. A majority of the down payment came from a settlement the insurance company gave me) I talked to the original creditor several times, and was told several times, that the account would be considered current if I paid them $93 by 12/14. So I did that. Meanwhile, ASG continued to call me at work and at home.

I told them everything the creditor told me, only to be told that they don't know what they are talking about. I asked them to stop calling me, because I wanted to honor the agreement I made with the creditor. I was told I was supposed to only talk to them, and they wanted the entire amount NOW. Last month, I had a three-way call with an ASG rep and a rep from the original creditor, and everyone agreed to the arrangement I had worked out already. I asked again that they not call me anymore.

I should've got it in writing, because last week, ASG started calling me again even though this month's payment isn't due until 1/13. This rep has no record of the agreement made last month, and told me "I told you this amount was due on demand. Why don't you understand that?" I paid this month's bill early hoping they'd quit calling. No dice, they called last night. Talked to the original creditor again, now they're playing dumb! What do I do now?

Hi sterlsgirl72,

We welcome you to our forums, there are still many things you can do. Never engage in any verbal commitment, get things in writing, mail them and keep a proof.

I wish I could explain better than our "do it yourself" section at http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/diy/ . This section explains every clause, every move, and every tip while settling your debts. I hope this will be helpful.

For any further help, please post here, we will explain the move in detail.

Thanks
Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Wed, 01/12/2005 - 17:40

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

Vikas...the quickest way to pay off a debt is to settle in full since you can't pay in full. All these lousy consolidation companies carry on the process and the INTEREST DOESN'T STOP ACCURING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 01/18/2005 - 11:35

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Hi Frankd,

Welcome to debt consolidation care forum. Debt consolidation helps many people in debts; consolidation program helps reduce the total amount of debt and the past interest rates, thus helping debt ridden people rebuild their lives with confidence. Infact it is often termed as a 'Blessing' for many people.

Please visit us often and learn more on debt consolidation care.

Thank you,
Simon

Submitted by simon on Mon, 02/14/2005 - 17:08

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )

I am having problems with these clowns as well. 4 or 5 years ago i had an account with Capitol One. Long story short I got my butt handed over to collection agency, as ???freaking' G.

I settled my outstanding balance with them over 4 years ago. Two years ago i ordered a credit report to see how badly I was playing the credit game. Well Capitol One was still looking for the rest of their money. So I called ASG and asked them to fix the problem. So I thought, this February i ordered another credit report.

Oh yeah, still owing Capitol One. So I talked to a customer care rep at Capitol One and told her the situation. She said they would send a liaison to investigate the matter. Told me it would take about 14 days to get it resolved. These clowns at ASG are idiots. 5 years and still getting screwed.
:evil:

Submitted by on Fri, 03/04/2005 - 15:19

I have a complaint about this company as well, I got a phone call on March 8th asking for a person with the same last name as mine. I told them there was no one here by that name but did have a sister in law by that name. She gave me the address on the account which was in fact my sister in law.
The ASG rep then told me that my number was put down as a secondary contact number for this account. I told her it didn't make since being they live in another state than I do but would give a message to my mom to contact this company.
When I asked my brother about this he said he never put my number down on any credit form, come to find out ASG had called my other brothers as well claiming this same "story". On March 12th I then got a letter sent to my house addressed to my sister in law, it was post marked March 9th the day after I talked with them. The letter contained all the information about their account and what they owe, who they owe it to and so forth.
When I called the company back they told me it is not illegal to call family members about an account.
That part with me is okay but my beef with ASG is that she pretty much lied to me on the first phone call by telling me that my number was on the account, not that they did an internet search looking for ways to contact her, second that even after I had told them that that person does not live at this address they still sent a letter to my house and third it contains what to me is private information about someone elses account.

Is ever thing ASG did legal?

Submitted by on Mon, 03/14/2005 - 07:43

BB, no, their actions were not legal.

From the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act:

"?? 1692b. Acquisition of location information
Any debt collector communicating with any person other than the consumer for the purpose of acquiring location information about the consumer shall -

(1) identify himself, state that he is confirming or correcting location information concerning the consumer, and, only if expressly requested, identify his employer;
(2) not state that such consumer owes any debt;
(3) not communicate with any such person more than once unless requested to do so by such person or unless the debt collector reasonably believes that the earlier response of such person is erroneous or incomplete and that such person now has correct or complete location information;

?? 1692c. Communication in connection with debt collection
(b) Communication with third parties
Except as provided in section 1692b of this title, without the prior consent of the consumer given directly to the debt collector, or the express permission of a court of competent jurisdiction, or as reasonably necessary to effectuate a postjudgment judicial remedy, a debt collector may not communicate, in connection with the collection of any debt, with any person other than the consumer, his attorney, a consumer reporting agency if otherwise permitted by law, the creditor, the attorney of the creditor, or the attorney of the debt collector. "

If you have clearly communicated that you are not the person listed as responsible for this debt, then the only way the collectors can communicate with you is to ask you for location information on the debtor. They may not discuss or share details with anyone other than the consumer, his attorney, a consumer reporting agency if otherwise permitted by law, the creditor, the attorney of the creditor, or the attorney of the debt collector without the express consent of the debtor. By mailing that letter with all the account information to your house, after being informed that the debtor did not reside at your address, they are in violation of the fdcpa.

They also may not collect information on any persons other than the debtor from any family members, so if they got your phone number from another family member, that is also in violation.

Submitted by timeliketears on Mon, 03/14/2005 - 22:20

timeliketears

( Posts: 6 | Credits: )

I agree law was broke opening mail but with the mitigating circumstances that this company imposed on her, I would be trying to help poster instead of crying about rules. Now I am sure you may work for this firm,perhaps if you are such angels why does my federal court pacer account show you getting sued practically everywhere! Please don't deny what is public record.

Submitted by cajunbulldog on Thu, 03/01/2007 - 09:38

cajunbulldog

( Posts: 4850 | Credits: )