Skip to main content
index page

Debts from various institutions

Submitted by on Fri, 01/21/2005 - 11:18
Credits:
[Donate]

I have debts from utilities, Cable Company, a cell phone, a truck payment, various credit cards, and some of them went to collection agencies. I am starting a new job soon and will be in a position to make some payments. Should I make payments as soon as I can or should I consolidate to satisfy everone?

Hi Chas,

Welcome to the forums, First step is separate the secured and unsecured loans.

Quote:

and some of them went to collection agencies

Try if you can ask your creditors to pull it back from collection agencies, collection agencies are not good to deal with.

Quote:
I am starting a new job soon and will be in a position to make some payments. Should I make payments as soon as I can or should I consolidate to satisfy everyone?

Keep paying some amount to the accounts which are with creditors, else it will pass to collection agencies. You can start your bargain with a lump sum amount; it helps you get a better deal.

Also do a debt validation before contacting your creditors. We can suggest two ways:-

1) Do it yourself, which will help you in settling your debts without the help of any debt consolidation company.

2) http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/signup/ , we analyze your financial burdens with a free counseling and help you find the best possible way.

We are there for any help possible.

Regards
Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Fri, 01/21/2005 - 17:47

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

Dear Chas,

Welcome to the debt consolidation care forum. We have found your debts are varied and it can be categorized under both secured and unsecured loans. This might be confusing, so firstly enlist your debts under the two different categories.

Make it a point to negotiate with your creditors in a convincing manner so that your accounts are not passed over to the collection agencies. It is a negative marking for your credit report if your accounts are transferred over to the Collection Agency. If they have already been transferred to the Collection Agency request your original creditor to get it back from there. Under all circumstances a creditor will agree to your request if you commit him to make payments at regular intervals. Start your settlement plan with some lump sum offerings. Remember that, the creditor's only aim is to recover his money from you and not mark you negative. Also try and make some extra payments which will reduce the burden of your debts. Pay the account with the highest interest rates first, as this will help you to save a lot of money in interest rates. Your negotiation power with the creditors is the key factor, in how successfully you can settle your debts.

We suggest you to take help from our Do it Yourself section, where you will find guidelines to settle your own debts without the help of any debt consolidation company.

We would appreciate your frequent participation in the forum and hope that you will share your experience more often with the other members.

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Fri, 01/21/2005 - 20:46

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )

Hi turbopr,

Welcome to debt consolidation care forums,

Quote:

I need 20,00 for consolidation various account

I think you missed one '0' :D

Why you need to take a loan? debt consolidation companies will handle it by their own. Just pay to the company and they will handle rest.

Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Sun, 01/23/2005 - 05:22

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )