Skip to main content
index page

fraudulent selling

Submitted by on Sun, 01/23/2005 - 06:52
Credits:
[Donate]

Being a telemarketer myself, I feel bad the way we try to make sales. The way we intonate the cost, the customer will have a feeling that he is not charged at all. I feel very bad about this. Spanish customers are our big time targets. Not so good in understanding English, we make it a point to play with the language, give him the cushion of warmth: a positive feeling that he need not pay even a single cent for the product. Any more queries about the telemarketing game, please do feel free to email me.

Hi nancydrewis, welcome to the forums.

I am confused :roll: , Is it somewhere related to our topic of interest ? I appreciate your honest opinion on telemarketing. If you can write an article on telemarketing , we will gladly publish it on our site for our users.

Keep posting
Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Sun, 01/23/2005 - 11:50

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

Speaking of telemarketing, I'm not sure how you got my number or why you are calling me. I am on the national do not call list and as far as I know that the list applies to you so next time I get a call I will ask your associate to stop calling and if it persists i will report it to the fcc.

Submitted by on Sun, 01/23/2005 - 12:58

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Quote:

Speaking of telemarketing, I'm not sure how you got my number or why you are calling me. I am on the national do not call list and as far as I know that the list applies to you so next time I get a call I will ask your associate to stop calling and if it persists i will report it to the fcc.

cp1 are you talking to nancydrewis :roll: , as far as I know our company is not involved in telemarketing :) . We are very much customer oriented company where the first priority is our customer.

Do let us know if you have any complaint, we will like to investigate.

Thanks
Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Sun, 01/23/2005 - 17:35

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

[quote=nancydrewis]Being a telemarketer myself, I feel bad the way we try to make sales. The way we intonate the cost, the customer will have a feeling that he is not charged at all. I feel very bad about this. Spanish customers are our big time targets. Not so good in understanding English, we make it a point to play with the language, give him the cushion of warmth: a positive feeling that he need not pay even a single cent for the product. Any more queries about the telemarketing game, please do feel free to email me.[/quote]

Maybe you need to report your company to the FCC or another relevant regulatory agency. If you really feel bad about this. They allow you to give anonymous tips. Exploiting those that use English as a second language is very dishonest. I would not be able to live with myself if I knew that I contributed to dishonestly increasing a vulnerable person's month bill.

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Mon, 04/18/2005 - 09:25

benjaminz6

( Posts: 256 | Credits: )

Actually it made sense to me.......

telemarkers ainm to sell...not matter what...and some sell freudlantly od "decietfully" thus raises comsumers debt that could be sent to CA's.

Also by targeting the "Unsofisticated" consumer..they take advantage of them and use lauguage barriers as a way to increase profits and consumer debt..

Jerry

Submitted by jtucker on Fri, 05/13/2005 - 16:44

jtucker

( Posts: 114 | Credits: )

Targeting the spanish speaking group is terrible, I have seen what some credit card companies send to them and the interest rate it unbelivable, I have seen upwards to 45% / 50% apr on applications. I have not seen any in a few years, but my sister is amoung more of the mexican community likely sees a lot her way. She is the one that showed me a while back what was sent to her boyfriend, and I looked over the application then and told him, not to even think of applying.

Submitted by Pammila on Sat, 05/28/2005 - 11:44

Pammila

( Posts: 112 | Credits: )