Skip to main content
index page

will the cards be functional after the program is over?

Submitted by on Wed, 02/02/2005 - 09:46
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi,

I am new to the program and I just had a few more questions that came up that I forgot to ask the counselor.

1.) I understand that the cards that I am consolidating the debt on will not be able to be used during the period of the program; however, will they be functional after the program is over? Or are they going to cancel my card and I should just forget about them?

2.) I have set up payment to come out of my account on the 20th of every month. I have a payment that is due to a personal loan that is due on the 5th of this month. I know if I do not make it the hounding will begin... should I try to pay it on the 5th and try to make my other payments that are due before the 20th, or should I let them go and just worry about the payment on the 20th?

I think that's all I have for now... if I think of anything else, I will be sure to ask on here. This program looks like it could do great things for me, and I just wanted to thank you guys and I am sure others feel the same way.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris25,

Welcome to the debt consolidation care forum.

Quote:

will they be functional after the program is over?

Yes, they will be functional after your program is over. Your account will be re-aged once you have been regular with your repayment scheme. When your account is updated the card is functional once more.

Quote:
should I try to pay it on the 5th and try to make my other payments that are due before the 20th

Definitely, you should try your level best and clear the payments on the 5th of every month. If you are not careful about this you might have some late fees added to your credit. Late fees might gradually add up to a big amount which will be an added burden for you to handle. Moreover, it is very important to pay your debt amount in time. Regular repayment helps you to improve your credit score.

We would highly appreciate, if you come forward with your queries in the future. We expect you to participate more frequently in the forum and share your experiences with the other members.

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Thu, 02/03/2005 - 04:22

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )