Skip to main content
index page

Is debt consolidation the right decision?

Submitted by antiemostars on Tue, 02/15/2005 - 16:07
[Donate]

My fiancée and I purchased a home in June of 2004. Since then the bills have been ever increasing. We are at our wits end and financial end, with not even enough money in the bank to pay one bill normally. Our bills consist of the home loan, credit card debt, two medical bills, and all of the monthly expenses: utilities, phone, 2 year cell phone agreements, normal phone bill, car insurance, etc. Since we are not married yet, it is hard to think about how to best clear up our problems in the financial area. We are worried, not because we are currently behind on bills but because in the coming month, we are going to start falling behind with payments. It is as if we just have too many bills now. There is no way to pay every bill every month. We currently make less money working than we owe in bills. I have never had financial trouble before, and I don't know where to begin. I could really use some advice about what the right decision is for the situation.

Hi Antiemostars,

Quote:

We are worried, not because we are currently behind on bills but because in the coming month, we are going to start falling behind with payments.

Your worries make sense, you should really be careful not to miss the payment, that's when the trouble starts.

Quote:
It is as if we just have too many bills now. There is no way to pay every bill every month. We currently make less money working than we owe in bills.

Seems you really are in critical situation, but made the right and timely action.

Quote:

I don't know where to begin. I could really use some advice about what the right decision is for the situation

Consolidation should be the perfect choice, there is every possibility of reducing your debt along with the past interest, and the remaining debt be consolidated under one account, within an affordable monthly repayment plan.

So cheer up! This is a wise decision on your part. You both could still have wonderful future together once you repay your debt through consolidation, because you'll be wiser and better in planning.

Keep writing to us more often and share your ideas and experience with other members in the forum.

Thank you,
Simon

Submitted by simon on Tue, 02/15/2005 - 16:58

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )

This is the best idea I have made. I am on my way to being debt free in 4 years. they worked it out so I only pay 50 bucks more a month and I will be debt free in 20 years less than if I were paying my minimums every month

Submitted by Harleygirl2185 on Tue, 02/22/2005 - 12:04

Harleygirl2185

( Posts: 17 | Credits: )

[quote=Harleygirl2185] this is the best idea I have made. I am on my way to being debt free in 4 years. they worked it out so I only pay 50 bucks more a month and I will be debt free in 20 years less than if I were paying my minimums every month[/quote]

Dear Harleygirl2185,

Congratulations! on your way to a debt free life.

Thank you,
Simon

Submitted by simon on Tue, 02/22/2005 - 16:44

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )

Hi Antiemostars,

Welcome to the debt consolidation care forum.

Quote:

Our bills consist of the home loan, credit card debt, two medical bills, and all of the monthly expenses: utilities, phone, 2 year cell phone agreements, normal phone bill and car insurance, etc.

Your debts are of varied types and although you have not mentioned the amount of debt you are undergoing it must be quite a bulky amount keeping in mind the mentioned list.

Quote:
We are worried, not because we are currently behind on bills but because in the coming month, we are going to start falling behind with payments. It is as if we just have too many bills now.

We advice you to go for debt consolidation. Debt consolidation will consolidate your multiple bills into a single amount and also enable to pay off your debts in a single affordable monthly installment. The debt consultant negotiates with your creditors and waives of your late fees and lowers your interest rates in most of the cases. With debt consolidation program you can be a debt free bird within a reasonable period of time. However, this depends on the amount and the type of debt you are undergoing.

Quote:

It is as if we just have too many bills now

Let me remind you once more that debt consolidation will transform your too many bills into a single one. And as far as payments every month is concerned stop breaking your heads. Your monthly installment will be an affordable one and will be determined on the basis of your financial standing at the moment.

Don't take extra pressures and jeopardize the bliss of togetherness in your lives. :)

We would like to hear from you frequently and hope you share your insights and experiences with other members of the forum.

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Tue, 02/22/2005 - 21:03

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )