Skip to main content
index page

A few questions

Submitted by on Wed, 02/16/2005 - 11:17
Credits:
[Donate]

1. What are the typical fees that debt consolidation company's charge?
2. Is there a penalty for paying off early?
3. Are there local companies where you can actually walk into a building and not do this over the internet?
4. How long does it from signing on with a company to get that 1 monthly payment?

Hi Kevin-B,

Welcome to the debt consolidation Care Forum.

Following are the answers to your queries:

• Debt Consolidation Company charges are not fixed & vary from Company to Company. There are some companies who take the first installment from you & put it in their pockets. To avoid such hidden costs, it is always better to rely on trustworthy Companies who states their terms & conditions in the very beginning. Our Ranking Chart Section can help you to find reliable Companies in your locality.

• Early payments are always encouraged & so there are no penalties for this.

• Yes, there are local Companies where you can visit in person & discuss about your situation & avail their services. It is always recommendable to do so. Internet is always used for the initial communication.

• After signing up, Debt Counselor gets in touch with you within the next 16 working hours. The amount of time taken to negotiate with your Creditors & restructure your payment depends solely on your Credit situations & also the efficiency of the Debt Counselor. It is however in the interest of the Debt Consolidation Company to speed up. So you can expect your monthly payment to start off as soon as is possible.

Please feel free to let us know in case you have any further queries. Looking forward to your participation in the forum and wishing you a Debt-free life.

Regards,

Sarah

• Submitted by sarah-d1 on Wed, 02/16/2005 - 19:38

sarah-d1

( Posts: 9 | Credits: )

Hi Kevin-b,

Welcome to the debt consolidation care forum.

Quote:

What are the typical fees that debt consolidation company's charge?

Most debt consolidation companies do not charge anything from the debtor. The creditors give them a certain percentage as service fees. However, some debt consolidation companies charge the first month's installment amount as their fees from the debtor. It is thus advisable to choose the right firm. Take the help of our Ranking Chart to choose the right firm.

Quote:
    Is there a penalty for paying off early?

Absolutely no. It is always highly appreciated if you can pay off early. There are in fact possibilities of getting a further reduction in some cases, if you can manage to pay off early.

Quote:
    Are there local companies where you can actually walk into a building and not do this over the internet?

With the popularity of debt consolidation in the present era, you can find debt consolidation firms at every corner of the United States. The debt consolidation firms are present to render you with debt solutions. However, you can also consult a debt consolidation firm online if you are unable to contact them physically.

Quote:
    How long does it from signing on with a company to get that 1 monthly payment?

The debt consolidation operation is made effective for you within a short time span. A small interval is required depending on how long and skillfully the debt consolidation consultant takes to negotiate with your creditor. The consultant negotiates on your behalf with the creditor and come to a final decision on the amount of debt that will be eliminated. They also fix up a monthly amount you need to pay as installment based on the remaining amount of debt you owe and your present financial status.

We would highly appreciate if you come up with more queries and suggestions frequently and also share your experiences with other members of the forum.

Regards,
    Jason

Submitted by Jason on Wed, 02/16/2005 - 21:36

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )

Hi,

Thanks for getting registered with debt consolidation care.

Our debt consultant will get in touch with you shortly.

Quote:

Jason: are you affiliated with this site?

:) Yes I'm affiliated to this site. I'm a member of the customer care department.

Hope you enjoy interacting in this forum more often and share your experience with other members as well.

Regards,
    Jason

Submitted by Jason on Sat, 02/19/2005 - 02:17

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )

I am currently paying $49 per month in fees my credit cards totaled 150 dollars per month. and that's my minimums; they worked it out so that I only pay 200 a month. 150 + 49 = 199 and my credit cards will be payed off in 4 years rather than 22 1/2 years, contact me if you want an unbiased opinion.

Submitted by Harleygirl2185 on Tue, 02/22/2005 - 12:01

Harleygirl2185

( Posts: 17 | Credits: )

Harleygirl2185 , if you do not mind can you please post the whole scenario, what happened and how you settled the debts. I am sure many are looking forward for such real examples.

We are requesting our customers to share their testimonials in forums.

Regards
    Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Thu, 03/24/2005 - 08:26

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

Quote:

click it don't be afraid its only a ca sino

:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :x :x

These people are killing me :x , I wonder what they get out of it, I delete it within hours. They are wasting their and my time everyday :evil: .

Please do not do it. It is an appeal from me and my team. We also want to help unregistered members, so please co-operate.

I hope you will co-operate.

Thanks
    Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Wed, 03/30/2005 - 09:29

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )