Skip to main content
index page

Looking after children could be tough at this time of financial crisis. Isn't it?

Submitted by on Fri, 02/18/2005 - 14:14
Credits:
[Donate]

Looking after children could be tough at this time of financial crisis, thinking some of you might be mom and dad, do you often find yourself in a difficult situation like me? my little darling and her brother are wonderful and understand our difficulties yet I find it hard to manage with their pocket money and some other expenses, the older one is also too young to work, he is just 13 and I had reduced their daily expense. Perhaps I should sit down and start calculating on where more reduction should be made.

Hi Gratfulmom,

Welcome to debt consolidation Care forum,

Let them learn to manage using real money of their own.

Provide them homemade lunch for school everyday so that they may stop eating from the school cafeteria.

Let them earn with every chores such as cleaning their own room, clearing the dishes etc.

Stop entertainment such as movies and eating out etc

Buying new extra clothes could be stopped.

Thank you,
Simon

Submitted by simon on Sat, 02/19/2005 - 12:08

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )

Hi Gratfulmom,

Welcome to the debt consolidation care forum.

Don't worry, you are blessed with two wonderful children and better days will be there for you very soon. 8)

Quote:

do you often find yourself in a difficult situation like me?

Your only way out to see better days is to budget your expenses very skillfully. Take up some areas like food, entertainment, clothing where you can be more tactful.

Use coupons in the grocery shop.
Curtail your transportation cost.
Lower your long distance telephone bill.
Use your local library.
Pack your lunch.

Quote:
I had reduced their daily expense.

To budget well and lead a comfortable life is a family goal. We all need to make our small sacrifices during trying times. Explain it to your children and assure them a more comfortable life once things fall in place. I'm sure your children would take the matter sportingly enough.
:D

Wish you all the best and we appreciate your frequent presence in our forum. I'm sure we will hear from you at regular intervals and wish that you share your experiences with the other members of the forum.

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Mon, 02/21/2005 - 19:26

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )

Looking after children could be tough at this time of financial crisis, thinking some of you might be mom and dad, do you often find yourself in a difficult situation like me? my little darling and her brother are wonderful and understand our difficulties yet I find it hard to manage with their pocket money and some other expenses, the older one is also too young to work, he is just 13 and I had reduced their daily expense. Perhaps I should sit down and start calculating on where more reduction should be made.

I think that this would be a perfect opportunity to teach your children about money management. You should probably cut the pocket money some. Giving a weekly allowance can add up quickly. Maybe you should change it to a monthly allowance. Just let them know that you need to put that money towards things that would benefit the whole family. And when you do give them money, you should let them know that they should be saving it. Because you will not be able to provide them with a steady stream of cash during this difficult time.

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Sun, 04/10/2005 - 23:02

benjaminz6

( Posts: 256 | Credits: )

Hi jtucker,

You have narrated a very special and sensitive anecdote of your life and we highly appreciate you for lending this humanitarian touch to the forum.

Your message will surely help and boost up the lives of many people facing financial difficulties and undergoing grey days in life.

We hope that as an important part of our forum community you will take charge to help many more people in the coming days.

Great post! Keep it up! :)

Cheers,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Mon, 04/11/2005 - 22:36

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )