Skip to main content
index page

unknown amount from 2003

Submitted by on Sat, 02/26/2005 - 06:14
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello
I just checked my credit report and it shows a delinquent amount of $370 dollars from Aug 2003. I can't figure out what this is. I haven't heard from any collection agencies either. Please get back to me with an response. Thank you, Brook Griswold

Hi earthfan,

Welcome to the debt consolidation care forum.

Quote:

I just checked my credit report and it shows a delinquent amount of $370 dollars from Aug 2003.

Get hold of your credit reports from the three major credit bureaus like Transunion, Equifax and Experian. For free credit reports you can contact the credit bureaus at their websites:

transunion.com

experian.com

equifax.com

Are all your credit reports showing the same delinquent status?

If no, then immediately report it to your creditor and find out whether the delinquent amount mentioned is authentic at all. Use the reference of your other credit reports where your credit history is shown clean.

If all the credit reports show the same delinquent status then contact your creditor and settle the matter with him. Ask him to give a written confirmation about the details of your account. Try and pay him back but at the same time request him to change your credit rating.

Cool it! 8) Credit reports at times have disputes which can also be amended by reporting immediately to the credit bureaus.

Hope to hear from you more frequently in the forum and we would appreciate if you share your experience and insights with other members of the forum.

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Sun, 02/27/2005 - 23:06

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )