Skip to main content
index page

Bank of America loses credit-card info of 1.2M workers

Submitted by Vikas on Sun, 02/27/2005 - 09:57
Credits:
[Donate]

Computer records containing all the credit-card records of U.S. Senators are missing. It was also having credit-card records of more than a million U.S. government employees, Bank of America announced yesterday, putting the customers at increased risk of identity theft.

Complete story here, I missed the Reuters link to original story,
computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/story/0,10801,100061,00.html

Vikas

[color=red][size=2][Link made inactive as per TOS-Vikas][/size][/color]

Wow. wow...

Talk about serious. This problem can really take root if something intelligent and proactive isn't done immediately. I can't imagine a legitimate compromise of so many government employees (especially Senators). You'd think that if they were targetted there is some other motive in mind. Frightening!

<-- is a former DoD employee and holds a BOA account. I wonder if my account is safe. :-(

Submitted by cryptowizard on Sat, 09/10/2005 - 13:41

cryptowizard

( Posts: 116 | Credits: )

You gotta love how one day your bank account stops working without notice. When you call they say "due to a security concern we have to lock your account".

This didn't happen to me, but I've seen this happen to people in this situation. I'd personally rather be more safe than sorry.

Let's hope we're all alright. :-)

Submitted by cryptowizard on Wed, 09/14/2005 - 05:57

cryptowizard

( Posts: 116 | Credits: )

I agree bettr safer than sorry, but a security concern means SOMEONE found a flaw in the system, and if they are gonna lock the account, they better be prepared to waive fees, and pay fees that creditors chardge as a reults of payment not being honored by the bank.

Submitted by LCW on Sun, 09/18/2005 - 20:39

LCW

( Posts: 1151 | Credits: )

i like to have credit card Bank of Amerika . I live in San Francisco.

Submitted by on Sat, 04/08/2006 - 17:01

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

My bank information was compromised, I did not figure this out until I tried to use my card. Bank of America claimed that they were trying to contact me, but never left a message for me to call them back. I have had an account with them for 4 years and this is the second time in that time.

Submitted by bdouble on Sat, 06/17/2006 - 21:15

bdouble

( Posts: 354 | Credits: )