Skip to main content
index page

How Do I do this?

Submitted by jtucker on Wed, 03/02/2005 - 12:53
Credits:
[Donate]

I received my Free Credit Reports From two of the Agencies today after my area became eligible for them on 3/1/05.

This can be done here:

Free Annual Credit Reports

This went very smoothly except the Experian one which asked me a couple verifying questions I could not answer and now have to await the report by mail, but is still free.

Transunion and Equifax went very well and was available immediately on line, anyone else doing this. Read carefully before clicking away as they do try to "SELL" some of their enhanced services during this process.

But now onto my problem, I noticed on one of my Reports a few items being reported under the "ADVERSE ACCOUNTS" Section.

I have three listings in the pay status as "Payment after Charge Off/Collection".

These were paid to the Original Debtor and I was assured that any adverse listings would be corrected.

I called the Collection agency these were listed under and they told me there was nothing they could do about removing them from that "ADVERSE Accounts" section of my report.

Is this true. If not how do I go about correcting these entries?

Thanks a Lot.

Jerry

Hi Jtucker,

Quote:

Is this true..if not how do I go about correcting these entries?

Though facts and negative information from a credit report cannot be removed, you still have rights to request for reinvestigation and this procedure is totally free of cost . Once the correction is done, you can have a fresh updated report on your credit .

Thank you,
Simon

Submitted by simon on Wed, 03/02/2005 - 18:14

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )

Hi jtucker,

Welcome to the debt consolidation care forum.

Quote:

Transunion and Equifax went very well and was available immediately on line

It is really good to know that you have been able to handle the credit reports without much hassle.

Quote:
I have three listings in the pay status as "Payment after Charge Off/Collection".

This is a highly negative credit rating. This will be a creditor's first choice, and your last choice. These notations are almost as damaging as showing the same debt unpaid. It is very common though, for an account to be deleted (through credit bureau disputes) once it has been paid. The creditor now has no compelling reason to keep the negative listing on your report. For this reason, it is usually a good idea to settle even if the creditor won't budge on deleting or positively modifying the negative listing.

Quote:
I called the Collection agency these were listed under and they told me there was nothing they could do about removing them from that "ADVERSE Accounts" section of my report.

In this case you have to contact the credit bureaus immediately and inform them of this dispute. They are bound to take some action if you can produce some document which proves that you had cleared your bills earlier.

Also continue to negotiate with the Collection Agency and request them to solve this issue with your original creditor. Don't give up until they promise you some immediate action.

Keep your cool. 8)

Such happenings of false information in your credit reports are common these days.

Keep in touch with us regularly and share your experiences and views with other members in the forum.

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Wed, 03/02/2005 - 23:13

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )