Skip to main content
index page

Personal Student Loan-Need help

Submitted by on Thu, 03/03/2005 - 11:56
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello,
I have two personal Student Loans. I am passing through an economic hardship. The banks are not willing to accept my offer what should I do? I will like to Consolidate them, but don't know what I should know before consolidating? If you can provide me with information, it will be a big help.
Thank YOU :cry:

Hi Eli,

Welcome to debt consolidation care forum. Consolidation is a program where your debts will be consolidated under one account, with an easy monthly repayment plan and a possibility of reducing your debts and the past interest.

Thank you,
Simon

Submitted by simon on Thu, 03/03/2005 - 12:55

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )

Hi Eli,

Welcome to debt consolidation care forum.

Student loans are unsecured loans and can be consolidated with debt consolidation programs. Debt consolidation only deals with unsecured loans.

Yes opting for a debt consolidation program in your case would be a good decision on your part.

Quote:

I will like to Consolidate them, but don't know what I should know before consolidating? If you can provide me with information, it will be a big help.

Debt consolidation consolidates your multiple debts into a single amount and makes life easier for you. In this process all your late fees are waived off and all your interest rates are reduced. The debt consultant negotiates with your creditor and reduces your total debt amount to around 40%-60%. The revised amount will now be divided into equal monthly installments within your affordable means. The amount will be decided keeping in mind your present financial status. By paying this affordable amount every month, you will be free of debt burdens very soon. The consultant will also give you free counseling on how to restore your former financial status.

No worries :D just go for debt consolidation.

Hope to hear from you frequently and hope you share your experiences with the other members as well.

Regards
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Fri, 03/04/2005 - 02:48

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )

I have personal student loans that are unsecured debt, do they qualify for help with your program? No one else will help me because they are not federal loans.

Submitted by on Wed, 02/08/2006 - 17:17

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

IMO, Private student loan is unsecured debt, hence eligible for consolidation, however companies that you will be referred to, might have some specific policies.

Why don't you try the free counseling, Payge? The counseling session is interactive and opens new door in front of you. You can enter your contact details in the sign up form available with this site.

Submitted by stanley on Thu, 02/09/2006 - 10:46

stanley

( Posts: 1639 | Credits: )

Payge,

Welcome to forums :D

This site has not started helping student loan borrowers in consolidating their loans yet. However, you can discuss your problems with forum members and ask for their suggestions here. This might help you breaking the ice.

Chances are, debt consolidation Care will start student loan consolidation in a near future if huge numbers of requests are submitted to either of Vikas or Mike. So keep watching forums in the coming days. Best of luck.

Submitted by 4u.bryan on Fri, 02/10/2006 - 10:12

4u.bryan

( Posts: 819 | Credits: )