Skip to main content
index page

on a settlement letter I found

Submitted by breezi on Fri, 03/04/2005 - 17:10
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi everyone. I'm new to your forum but so far I love what I see.

On to the real story.

I was reading about debt settlement on the net and found a letter stating something that if the creditor accepted my payment that they would delete all negative marks or it would be a breach of contract. Here is what the letter stated - I would like help analyzing the contents and to know if this is a way that could be good to go. While I have just over 10K in debt, I would like to get it fixed as soon as possible without harming me on my credit.

LETTER IN QUESTION:

"If they sign it and accept your check, then you have the on breach of contract"So often community members have asked for a letter example to accomplish some purpose. This then is a sample format I have written myself or obtained from other on my Forum. Feel free to copy, paste, and alter to fit your needs.

Suggested Settlement Letter

I, YOUR NAME HERE, will pay your company, CA NAME, the amount of $XX as full settlement of this account.

If you accept this agreement, I will send you a money order or certified cashiers check for the settlement amount of $XX in exchange for a full deetion of all references reguarding this account from my credit profile and full satisfaction of the debt. This agreement is binding and will be void should you not hold up to your end of the agreement. Furthermore the debt will be deleted from my credit profile at all three credit bureaus or the bureaus your company regularly reports to in the course of doing business.

If you agree to the above, please acknowledge with your signature and return a copy to me. Upon receipt of this signed acknowledgement, I will promptly send you a money order or cashier'coures check in the amount stated above.

The alleged debtor, YOUR NAME HERE, does not admit liability for the claims made by COLLECTION AGENCY. The purpose of this settlement is merely to avoid the potential future costs of litigation. Both parties agree that this settlement for X% of the disupted debt shall be confidential and in no way an admission of liability or acknowledgement that the debt is valid.

Both parties agree that no future reporting or verification of the alleged debt shall be provided to any credit bureau.

Notice: This agreement is restricted. This is not a renewed promise to pay but rather a restricted settlement offer only. By not signing below you agree that the debt has not been renewed nor have any concrete written agreements been exchanged.

Creditor's Authorized Signature: ________________

Date:

END LETTER

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks,

Breezi

Hi breezy,

Welcome to the debt consolidation care forum.

:D It is really a pleasure to know that you loved going through our site. Thanks a lot.

The letter is fine except a few careless typing.

Quote:

If you accept this agreement, I will send you a money order or certified cashiers check for the settlement amount of $XX in exchange for a full deetion of all references reguarding this account from my credit profile and full satisfaction of the debt.

Check the errors in the words 'deetion' and 'reguarding'.

They should spell 'deletion' and 'regarding' respectively.

The letter is clearly stated and has put forward your requirements directly.
You can also take the help of the creditors sample letters in our site. You are following the right path of negotiation and will surely be able to settle your debts successfully.

Thanks once again for your positive feedback. :D

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Sun, 03/06/2005 - 22:13

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )

Hi Guest,

No problem....such errors do happen when you are in a hurry. It can also be the reason for fast typing.

Yes, debt consolidation might not be beneficial to you all the time. You have to decide on either 'debt consolidation' or 'debt settlement' based on the amount and the nature of debt you are undergoing. Make careful and in-depth analysis before taking the final decision.

Quote:

I guess I'll figure that out when I talk to the counsler

The debt counselor will be the ideal person to help you out in this aspect keeping in mind your ultimate benefits.

Hope you share with us your experience and insights with active participation in the forum. :)

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Tue, 03/08/2005 - 01:07

Jason

Hi Breezi,

You are most welcome and thanks for the clarification :) We appreciate honesty and your intention to do it yourself, we are with you as long as you are willing to .

All the best,
Simon

Submitted by simon on Tue, 03/08/2005 - 17:44

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )

Hi breezi,

It is great to see you being in touch with us so regularly. :D

Quote:

some of the smaller bills like under 400 or 500 I'm trying to take care of on my own.

Remember when there is a will, there is always a way. We highly appreciate this great move on your part to clear your debts all by yourself. Our 'do it yourself' page will also be able to guide you at every step in this aspect.

Thanks for all your appreciation. It is our duty to help you during this financial crisis and make you debt free. :lol:

Be a part of our forum frequently and do share your experience and insights with the other members here.

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Wed, 03/09/2005 - 21:01

Jason