Skip to main content
index page

Lexington Law

Submitted by breezi on Fri, 03/04/2005 - 17:35
Credits:
[Donate]

Has anyone heard of Lexington Law? They are supposed to help clean up your credit report and you send them money every month to do it. Is this a good idea? IF so, is a good idea while your doing debt consolidation or better to wait until after you've paid everything off?

Thanks
Breezi

Hi Breezi,

Lexington is a law firm specializing in repairing credit reports. The firm offers a warranty which entitles a client to get their money back if enough disputed items are not deleted, so is not a bad offer and the firm is a BBB member since March 2003. Since consolidation do not hamper ones credit score, it should be fine to approach the firm while consolidation or after consolidation, though we are not sure of the company policies in this regard.

Thank you,
Simon

Submitted by simon on Sat, 03/05/2005 - 11:28

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )

YES, I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR 3 YEARS AND THEY DO REMOVE NEGATIVE MARKS FROM YOUR CREDIT REPORT!!

COLLECTIONS,LATES, CHPT 7, BUT ALL THESE WERE MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD-ANYTHING RECENT WILL TAKE TIME-

YOU CONTROL WHAT ITEMS YOU WANT DISPUTED,EVERY 90 DAYS DISPUTES GO OUT!

GOODLUCK

Submitted by MONEYMOVE on Sun, 03/06/2005 - 19:38

MONEYMOVE

( Posts: 3 | Credits: )

I was very dissatisfied with Lexington Law. Why they charge the upfront money of $79 makes no sense to me at all. You're the one who has to get our own credit reports and pay for them. All I ever got from them were FORM LETTERS when I had a question. I found it very frustrating! Also, they were disputing the incorrect account and sending the incorrect SS# for me! When I asked for a refund for shabby work THEY REFUSED. BE CAREFUL!
Pat

Submitted by on Fri, 07/22/2005 - 12:35

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I have been with Lexington Law for only a short time, but they have been nothing but professional. As far as the cost it is a $99 set up fee and $59/mo for their top flight validation service. Their fee is not an upfront fee because that is illegal. As far as reporting wrong accounts, you choose what accounts to dispute and if they are disputing wrong accounts its because of the info you supplied.

[quote=ben]Pat, be very particular about your SS#. Make sure that no one tampers with it. Also, when they were reporting your accounts in the wrong way, it is necessary to take legal action in such cases. Did you consult your attorney for this?[/quote]

Submitted by vwh on Fri, 07/22/2005 - 13:14

vwh

( Posts: 124 | Credits: )

Ben, Lexingon Law will only dispute the accounts that a client tells them to dispute. So if they are disputing a wrong account it is because the client told them which accounts to dispute. What about that statement is confusing to you? Since you have no first hand knowledge on working with Lexington Law, my suggestion is not to comment.

[quote=ben]Vwh, disputing over wrong accounts do not make any sense. If the dispute is from your side, it is because you find that account incorrect. If they dispute on the particular account, it is like disputing on a wrong account. Isn't it?[/quote]

Submitted by vwh on Sat, 07/23/2005 - 07:13

vwh

( Posts: 124 | Credits: )