Skip to main content
index page

help

Submitted by on Tue, 03/08/2005 - 11:33
Credits:
[Donate]

i received a letter from asset acceptance llc and they said I had an account when I was only 14. I called them and they said because it was over 10 years they will remove it. I spoke with a lawyer and the credit card is null and void because of my age at the time of the cc. I called back to make sure it was okay and they were so rude. Saying I was a lier and I was older than 14 when I opened it. Everyything I said they yelled at me and called me a lier and they kept telling me lies. What do I do? I am scared that this is going to be put on my credit report and they are going to not remove because now they are upset that I contacted a lawyer. I think this is so unfair.

Hi GiGi,

Welcome to debt consolidation care forum, first of all it is time that you know your rights and check out the SOL in your state, It is true at 14, your credit card should be declared null and void, keep calm and try to understand the long arms of the law and its power. The fdcpa is there to protect you from the harassment and the FCRA to protect your credit report. You also have every right to contact a lawyer for advice; you may also contact your local FTC office and get detailed information on the law. Armed with the armor of the laws you may start the first steps by sending the AALLc a Cease-Comm letter via certified mail and see what happens, if the harassment continues, you may happily drag them to court.

Thanks for the visit and wishing you all the best,
Simon

Submitted by simon on Tue, 03/08/2005 - 12:43

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )