Skip to main content
index page

questions questions

Submitted by breezi on Sun, 03/13/2005 - 23:30
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello everyone! :lol:

Got a question that is maybe on some other people's minds too. I pulled my credit report the other day and eww. But anyway :) Lets get past the gorey stuff. My question is, when I was 18 I was dating a guy and he talked me into putting my name on his credit cards so that I could use them. Well on my credit report there are these cards of his like "Citibank" and they show it as a charge off. It says the date it was opened was 10/91. If I was born in 78 then that means that I would have been what like 13??? the last time it was renewed or whatever that's called was 4/03 I guess.

Is this something that I can dispute since it really wasn't my card and since the date of it being opened was from so long ago?

Another question (see told you it was plural) is that there is a second one listed from "Fleet CC". This one says 'AS AGREED". This was also a card of this that we added my name too, what I'm wondering is will the AS AGREED be better just left on there or would I be better to fight to get it off?

Ok, third question... :P WEE!! This is fun (ok that was a total lie)... So this one is showing under the collections section. Its from a bank that closed my account 3 days after I had a check returned for NSF (oops). I paid that about 8 months later and my ChexSystems (hate them) shows it as a problem but also shows it paid. On my credit report it says it's a charge off. Do I try to dispute this or have them change it to show Paid as Agreed or something?

I'm just trying to find the best route for this and you know how it goes, I was young and I knew my score was bad and I was afraid and didn't know how to take care of it. Thank goodness now I have a caring guy in my life that has given me the strength and courage to fight this and fix it.

Any of your wise knowledge from this website would be absolutely wonderful!!!

Thanks everyone!

~Breezi

Quote:

If I was born in 78 then that means that I would have been what like 13???

U got there there :lol: just show them the proof of ur age at the time the card was opened and after that they wont have much to say :roll:

Quote:
This one says 'AS AGREED".

really depends on the time you have on your hand, if you have time better fight it :evil: nothing being there is better then Quote:
'AS AGREED".

Quote:
I paid that about 8 months later and my ChexSystems (hate them) shows it as a problem but also shows it paid. On my credit report it says it's a charge off. Do I try to dispute this or have them change it to show Paid as Agreed or something?

Definitely dispute it !! :o

its awfully lonely in here !! where is everybody !!

Submitted by on Mon, 03/14/2005 - 18:02

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

[quote=breezi]Hello everyone! :lol:

Got a question that is maybe on some other people's minds too. I pulled my credit report the other day and eww. But anyway :) Lets get past the gorey stuff. My question is, when I was 18 I was dating a guy and he talked me into putting my name on his credit cards so that I could use them. Well on my credit report there are these cards of his like "Citibank" and they show it as a charge off. It says the date it was opened was 10/91. If I was born in 78 then that means that I would have been what like 13??? the last time it was renewed or whatever that's called was 4/03 I guess.

Is this something that I can dispute since it really wasn't my card and since the date of it being opened was from so long ago?

Another question (see told you it was plural) is that there is a second one listed from "Fleet CC". This one says 'AS AGREED". This was also a card of this that we added my name too, what I'm wondering is will the AS AGREED be better just left on there or would I be better to fight to get it off?

Ok, third question... :P WEE!! This is fun (ok that was a total lie)... So this one is showing under the collections section. Its from a bank that closed my account 3 days after I had a check returned for NSF (oops). I paid that about 8 months later and my ChexSystems (hate them) shows it as a problem but also shows it paid. On my credit report it says it's a charge off. Do I try to dispute this or have them change it to show Paid as Agreed or something?

I'm just trying to find the best route for this and you know how it goes, I was young and I knew my score was bad and I was afraid and didn't know how to take care of it. Thank goodness now I have a caring guy in my life that has given me the strength and courage to fight this and fix it.

Any of your wise knowledge would be absolutely wonderful!!!

Thanks everyone!

~Breezi[/quote]

hey well how did you situation turn out? I would just like to echo the sentiments of the the other posters. If somebody put your name as a cosigner for this line of credit, that agreement is not legally binding. Plain and simple. you have to be 18 to enter any legal agreement.

So there is no court in the US that would rule in favor on the side of the creditor. So you should contact a lawyer to dispute this record. Not only should you dispute this with your creditor, you should also dispute it with the credit bureaus. Your record must be corrected to reflect the fact that this debt should not have been attributed to you in any way. because you were not of age to enter into that credit agreement.

With the "As Agreed" listing, you should fight to get that one off as well. You should try to keep your credit report as clean as possible and these blemishes contribute to lowering your score. So by all means you should fight to get it off. If left uncorrected, these erroneous credit entries could damage your ability to buy a house car etc. So fight it off.

And finally with the collection records, I don't think that it is possible to remove the fact that your account was closed and you had a bounced check. That is what your credit record is for. It allows credit companies to keep track of your repayment history. And unfortunately, those negative incidents are part of your history. You can try to argue your case but I doubt that they will change that record.

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Mon, 05/30/2005 - 15:21

benjaminz6

( Posts: 256 | Credits: )