Skip to main content
index page

I have about 7 credit card accounts...

Submitted by on Thu, 03/17/2005 - 23:00
Credits:
[Donate]

I have 7 credit accounts totaling about 15000 in overall debt.
Is there a solution for me?

Melissa

Dear Melissa,

debt consolidation will be very helpful for you, where you can consolidate your 7 cards to one with a lower interest rate. Also settling your debts through negotiation will help.

Please check our articles for more help.

Regards
Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Fri, 03/18/2005 - 10:06

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

how long did it take you to realize that your debt was $15,000 and it would take you 30 years to pay this off with minimum payments. thats the trick with credit, it tricks you into believing your not broke! how can they get away with this, its ruining peoples futures.

Submitted by puchodog on Fri, 03/18/2005 - 13:19

puchodog

( Posts: 58 | Credits: )

Most of the Lending Companies have a secret but fixed settlement policy and few debt settlement companies are partners to it. In other words, they allow settlement, as they know sometimes without it they will not get even a single penny.

Sometimes "Something is better than nothing???, the rest amount is counted as bad debts and they get tax benefits on it.

Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Fri, 03/18/2005 - 19:52

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

Hi Melissamichaels,

Welcome to the debt consolidation care forums.

Debt consolidation is the ideal choice for you. debt consolidation programs consolidate multiple debts into a single account. Your debt amount will be revised and you need to pay a certain affordable amount every month to clean your debts.

Go through our site and I'm sure you will find many useful tips that will convince you that debt consolidation is a great choice. Also try our 'do it yourself' section which will assist you with a step by step guidance to clear your debts without the help of any debt consolidation firms.

Feel free to ask any query and hope of visit our forum frequently. :D

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Fri, 03/18/2005 - 22:49

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )

Card 1 : $1000 at apr 15% monthly payment $100
Card 2 : $1000 at apr 10% monthly payment $100

and after consolidation(without reduction) things will be different

$1000 at APR less than 10% monthly payment $200 and you will see that you have saved a good amount. (I need prof Calculas to show the exact figures, where are you professor :roll: )

Pay off the debt with higher APR first, it will save a lot of interest rates. Pay the minimum to the other account. (Prof Calculas taught me this :D )

Tintin

Submitted by BlogTintin on Sat, 03/19/2005 - 07:45

BlogTintin

( Posts: 168 | Credits: )

I have not responded to CitiAssist Visa Card for over 6 months. They hired a private investigator to track me down. The lady found out my family and neighbors number and they relayed the information to me. She said that if I dont give her 3000 by Monday, that it will otherwise stay 7 to 10 years on my credit. I dont have the money. what do i do. I am a college student

Submitted by qtsheens on Sun, 01/28/2007 - 06:03

qtsheens

( Posts: | Credits: )