Skip to main content
index page

Contacting collectors that can not contact you

Submitted by on Thu, 03/24/2005 - 15:06
Credits:
[Donate]

A company that I dont know is on my report. "Creditmanagement Inc." amt owed $100. Im trying to find out how to contact them. So I can ask why do I owe money. I believe they are a collections agency but for who.

Hi studio_dude101

If you think that the one who is trying to contact you happens to be a collection agency then be very careful about your each and every move. They often try to harass people without any rhyme or reason, but you need not to worry too much about it, if you think that you are on the right side. Make sure that you ask for a proof about the bill made by them showing the detailed payment history. If they are not able to produce any document from their side, then you have the right to file a case against them. Try to tap their phone calls because it might make your side stronger.

Keep us informed about your moves.

Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Fri, 03/25/2005 - 09:07

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

hi,

they are listed on your credit report, so what you need to do is contact that credit reporting agency(trans union, experian, or equifax--whichever one they reported this debt on) and ask for the contact info for that creditor. They are required by law to provide this info. In fact, it should be visible somewhere on your report copy. From there, you send them a certified letter informing them that you have recently discovered that they are reporting this debt on your credit report, and that you hereby request validation of the debt. Be sure to let them know that you are not asking for verification, but rather validation pursuant to the FDCPA.

Also, dont think they cannot contact you--if they listed it on your credit report, they have already viewed your credit report, and they will have your latest address on file as listed on the credit report.

Submitted by skydivr7673 on Sun, 03/14/2010 - 19:35

skydivr7673

( Posts: 2036 | Credits: )