Skip to main content
index page

Any help is much appreciated

Submitted by on Tue, 03/29/2005 - 10:12
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi,

I am a grad student looking to repair some unbelievably immature undergrad credit mistakes. I have a difficult time reading my credit report, but I am pretty sure I have about 1600-1700 in non-school-related debt. Most or all of the sources have gone to credit agencies. I am very interested in what I think is debt consolidation, but I'm not sure. I hear of programs like this: you give all your credit info to a non-profit company, they talk to agencies, you pay a monthly payment to take care of them all. I want to pay about $40/month. I am HOPELESS when it comes to finding the companies online, though, as the web is littered with millions of companies vaguely pronouncing how they can eliminate every debt ever conceived. If anyone on this board know where I can find the above described program, please reply

apologies if I have broken any forum rules with this post.

thanks.

Quote:

I am very interested in what I think is debt consolidation, but I'm not sure. I hear of programs like this: you give all your credit info to a non-profit company, they talk to agencies, you pay a monthly payment to take care of them all. I want to pay about $40/month.

In such case we do a reverse calculation and try to pay the minimum to all the account while paying the maximum to the account with the highest apr. A lot more information will be required to suggest more in detail, like whether you have some secured loans or all are unsecured?

If it is student loan then in most cases you won't be allowed to reduce it.

Quote:
If anyone on this board know where I can find the above described program, please reply .

I will give you a mail as well, we are here to help :)

Thanks
Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Tue, 03/29/2005 - 16:47

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

Dear Vikas, My daughter tried one of those. They took her money, but didn't pay her obligations and she finally filed bankruptcy. I'm sure there is come good ones, but from my experience and others experiences, I think it would be a waste of your money.

Experience with others is also showing a lot of Banks, and Collection Agencies, are not willing to work with people in tight financial stress. It's there way or the highway!

I have some questions for you? You say these are non school related debts - so I'm assuming Credit Cards, am I right? Are you behind in any of your CC payments?

Has any gone to Collection Agencies? If so, I have letters that can help you. I also have some other ideas that give you different options.

I am not an Attorney - but I am extremely knowledgable in Consumer Protection Laws. I cannot legally advise, but I can advise what I would do in a given situation. Please contact me at DELETED..PM[EMAIL="tlcpetmommy@so"]so[/EMAIL] I can give you some options, to consider.
As well as letters/documents etc. you might find helpful.

posting emails not allowed per TOS rules.

Submitted by on Fri, 07/23/2010 - 10:33

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )