Skip to main content
index page

Collection agency/debt consolidation agency, refusal to work

Submitted by on Wed, 03/30/2005 - 19:23
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello;

I owe money in tuitiuon fees to the University. The University sent it to the collection agency. I called the agency, and they claim they do not work with debt consolidation agencies.

Is it true? If not, is it possible for this agency to work with a debt consolidation agency? I want my payments reduced monthly in order to be able to pay off what I owe. That is $6,500.

Help!! Thanks!

[quote=Virginian]Hello;

I owe money in tuitiuon fees to the University. The University sent it to the collection agency. I called the agency, and they claim they do not work with debt consolidation agencies.

Is it true? If not, is it possible for this agency to work with a debt consolidation agency? I want my payments reduced monthly in order to be able to pay off what I owe. That is $6,500.

Help!! Thanks![/quote]

This is a sticky situation. I would suggest that you get a lawyer to act as a 3rd party negotiator. They probably told you that they wont consolidate because they would lose money if you don't pay the bill as stated. They probably tried to make you feel as if there is no way out.

Once you get a professional who knows the laws, then they might be able to resolve your situation. I know that there are non-profit lawyers who work for less/free for people experiencing economic hardship. try doing a search on google for debt collection lawyers. They should have someone that is affordable.

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Wed, 03/30/2005 - 19:52

benjaminz6

( Posts: 256 | Credits: )