Skip to main content
index page

Should I file, your advice is appreciated

Submitted by on Tue, 07/12/2005 - 18:33
Credits:
[Donate]

I have been planning on filing and am now unsure what to do. I have approx $30 in CC debt and i am not current on any of them as i planned on filing for BK. I had retained an attorney in SC but have since moved and they are no longer doing BK's. I had plenty of time to file so i dont blame them. They said i would not be eligible for CH 7 since i am single and make pretty good company. Should i try to file CH 13 or look into a debt consolidation company? And are there any debt consolidation companies that would accept me since i am not current on any account? I am ready to move forward and get back on track.

Hi whattodo

Welcome to forums

Filing for bankruptcy should be your last option. If you file bankruptcy then it will damage your credit report to a great extent. This negative remark will be in your credit report for as long as 10 years. Further your credit score will also get hampered due to this. You might get out of debt by filing bankruptcy but if you think from the long term perspective then it is better to avoid bankruptcy by all possible means. The alternative is that you should register yourself in the debt consolidation program. The debt consultant will negotiate with your creditor and will reduce your interest charges as well as eliminate your late fees. He will frame a repayment plan which you can afford. As your accounts are no longer current it will not stand in your way to get yourself registered in the debt consolidation program. Please consult a debt consolidation company as soon as possible.

Hope you will find this information useful

Regards
Peter

Submitted by peter on Wed, 07/13/2005 - 02:04

peter

( Posts: 285 | Credits: )