Skip to main content
index page

Creditors Interchange

Submitted by on Fri, 05/06/2005 - 07:45
Credits:
[Donate]

What are their practices like? I understand that as recently as January of 2004 they were required by the NY Attorney General's office to pay fines in the amount of $60,000. associated with illegal collection practices! Is this true?

Usually a debtor is required to pay the dues to the creditors. So when the payments don't get recovered, the creditors pass on the bills to the collection agencies that sometimes use various methods to recover the dues from the debtors. If the debtor himself pays on his own or signs in for debt consolidation and agrees to follow the program which is best suited to him, then within a fixed time, the debtor becomes free from all debts.

Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Fri, 05/06/2005 - 12:00

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

I am not very sure about it but illegal collection practices are not rare to find and I am sure they will not go unpunished in long run.

Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Fri, 05/06/2005 - 13:20

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

is it legal for creditors interchange (debt collection agency) to run your credit without you knowing? it was done twice with in 2 months time.

Submitted by on Sat, 09/15/2007 - 16:37

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

:x I have been receiving calls that are not mine. I asked fransciso to spell the name and he said come on and hung up. It was so rude and unnecessary. I do not owe a creditor and i resent that he would not speak to me enough to find out that he had the wrong number. Could someone tell me who i can issue a complaint so it will never happen again.

Submitted by on Mon, 11/12/2007 - 14:27

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )